Cuisine at home Forums
Asparagus--$0.94/lb!!!! - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Asparagus--$0.94/lb!!!! (/showthread.php?tid=79048)

Asparagus--$0.94/lb!!!! - Old Bay - 03-21-2009

We bought, and just canned 12 lbs of pickled asparagus!! OMG!

Re: Asparagus--$0.94/lb!!!! - bjcotton - 03-21-2009

I bought some at one of the stores yesterday for steaming, but it was $.98 per pound.

Have you ever picked asparagus fresh from the garden? My sister grows some and it seldom makes it into the kitchen. We eat it on the way to the kitchen...whoops

Re: Asparagus--$0.94/lb!!!! - cjs - 03-22-2009

Bloody Marys here we come!! Spring is finally here!!

Re: Asparagus--$0.94/lb!!!! - foodfiend - 03-22-2009

Not here! You in the south and Pacific northwest are making this "northeasterner" quite jealous!!!

Re: Asparagus--$0.94/lb!!!! - Harborwitch - 03-22-2009

WTF! Confusedhock We're within 30 miles of the best, Victoria Island, Asparagus in the country and the cheapest we've seen is 1.49 a pound - and it wasn't all the good looking. Sheeesh! I'm jelous. But enjoy your plunder.

I got close to 20 lbs of parsnips yesterday for 3 bucks. Hmmmm fun for me.

Re: Asparagus--$0.94/lb!!!! - DFen911 - 03-22-2009

Sharon what are you going to do with all the parsnips?

Re: Asparagus--$0.94/lb!!!! - Gourmet_Mom - 03-22-2009

That's what I'd like to know Denise.

Hey, Sharon, don't feel bad, it's still around $3.50/lb. here....rarely dips below that. A good deal would be $1.99. Needless to say, asparagus is a luxury at this house. I didn't respond when they first posted...just too depressing.

I REALLY need to look into planting some next fall(?).

Re: Asparagus--$0.94/lb!!!! - Gourmet_Mom - 03-22-2009

Oh, and Jean...I'm off to the deck with a Guinness and a new book...sadly not a cooking one. (Hey, I didn't need the whole six pack for the corned beef! I'll have wine later...LOL!)

>>>>>>>>>>>>blowing raspberries<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Sorry to my Northeaster friends...the devil made me do it!

Re: Asparagus--$0.94/lb!!!! - cjs - 03-22-2009

what book? I'm going to start a thread on our favorite non-cooking/cook authors - that would be interesting....

Re: Asparagus--$0.94/lb!!!! - Harborwitch - 03-22-2009

We got some lovely lamb chops tonight - so tomorrow will be lamb chops and a parsnip mash. Yummmmm. The rest I'll dice, blanch, and freeze. I could eat these goodies every day but I figure I'd best spread out the wealth.