Cuisine at home Forums
Matzo Ball Soup - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Matzo Ball Soup (/showthread.php?tid=77703)

Matzo Ball Soup - Calliope - 03-02-2009

I love this soup, but I've never felt that I've made it well. I can make a good chicken stock, but the balls are not so great and it just doesn't taste like what I've had made by others. Maybe it's because I'm Catholic!

Anyone have a favorite recipe?

Re: Matzo Ball Soup - Mare749 - 03-02-2009

No, I sure don't, but like you, just love a good bowl of matzo ball soup. Someone on the forum MUST have a good recipe to share.

Nice to see you on the forum Calliope!

Maryann

Re: Matzo Ball Soup - HomeCulinarian - 03-02-2009

Hey, Calliope! I have some recipes, but I haven't tried to make any of them. Hoping someone comes along soon with a good recipe!

Re: Matzo Ball Soup - Roxanne 21 - 03-03-2009

Every matzo ball soup I have ever made ends up with lead balls----this is one of those recipes I just can't get to work....and I have tried many. Maybe it's because I'm Catholic too----

Can't wait for a tried and true to pop up!

Re: Matzo Ball Soup - cjs - 03-03-2009

Hang on, I know who to ask for a great one - give me a day!

Re: Matzo Ball Soup - Mare749 - 03-03-2009

Let me guess, would that be Chef June? I was hoping you would ask her....

Re: Matzo Ball Soup - cjs - 03-03-2009

yes - just sent her an email.

Re: Matzo Ball Soup - piano226 - 03-03-2009

Hi,

We are jewish and i make that soup at least once a month. I tried numerous recipes and honestly the best matzo balls that are fluffy and light come out from Manishewitz Matzo ball mix. It is easy to do, just follow directions. There are two types of boxes usually on the shelves of the store: Matzo ball mix and matzo ball mix and soup, get the one that just has the mix. Homemade chicken broth is so much better. All of these go on sale right about now. In our local grocery stores we buy two boxes for three dollars and each box has two packages of the mix. I usually stock up on them for the whole year. I hope that helps.

Re: Matzo Ball Soup - farnfam - 03-03-2009

Well, it helps me! I'm going to look for this one.
Sheesh, I haven't had matzo since Brooklyn. YUM

Re: Matzo Ball Soup - Mare749 - 03-03-2009

It helps me too. That's a common item in our grocery stores. I just never tried it before, always thinking that "homemade" had to be better!