Cuisine at home Forums
Dinner - Wednesday, 2/25?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Dinner - Wednesday, 2/25?? (/showthread.php?tid=77226)

Dinner - Wednesday, 2/25?? - cjs - 02-25-2009

We're having leftover Jammed Up pork chops and a bowl of turkey tortilla soup (issue #54) - wish I had the stuff for a salsa for topping. oh well.

What are you all up to?

Re: Dinner - Wednesday, 2/25?? - HomeCulinarian - 02-25-2009

It's book club night for me. We read Garlic & Sapphires and the hostess has made reservations for us at a new little Mediterranean restaurant. Looking forward to it!

Re: Dinner - Wednesday, 2/25?? - cjs - 02-25-2009

What book did you read this time?

Re: Dinner - Wednesday, 2/25?? - HomeCulinarian - 02-25-2009

Quote:

What book did you read this time?

Garlic & Sapphires by Ruth Reichl

Re: Dinner - Wednesday, 2/25?? - Mare749 - 02-25-2009

Well, since it's the start of the Lenten season for us, it will be a meatless meal tonight. Whatever fish looks good at the market today, and probably homemade mac and cheese with a side of stewed tomatoes. (Ron's favorite)

I loved that book, Jeanette!

Re: Dinner - Wednesday, 2/25?? - labradors - 02-25-2009

Quote:

Well, since it's the start of the Lenten season for us, it will be a meatless meal tonight.

Gee. Maybe the growers of a certain leguminous plant could take advantage of this in their marketing at this time of year: "I gave it up for lentils."

Re: Dinner - Wednesday, 2/25?? - Trixxee - 02-25-2009

Sausage Minestra Soup and parmesan croutons.

Re: Dinner - Wednesday, 2/25?? - farnfam - 02-25-2009

It's likely going to be meatless for us too, tho' not for Lent, more for like we sure did overeat in Mexico. Giving the arteries a little rest is all
Probbly going to be broccoli, gorganzola (a little) with garbanzos over rotini or penne.

Re: Dinner - Wednesday, 2/25?? - Mare749 - 02-25-2009

Quote:

[blockquote]Quote:

Well, since it's the start of the Lenten season for us, it will be a meatless meal tonight.

Gee. Maybe the growers of a certain leguminous plant could take advantage of this in their marketing at this time of year: "I gave it up for lentils."

[/blockquote]

You never know, Rob, it's just corny enough that they might want to use it!

Re: Dinner - Wednesday, 2/25?? - Dismc - 02-25-2009

Roast beef with gravy (new recipe from Cook's Country), mashed potatoes and roasted broccoli. It's very unusual for us to eat that heavily during the week, but we were sidetracked from the roast this weekend by an impromptu party. Might even eat in the dining room tonight.