Cuisine at home Forums
Bill's Meatballs :) - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Bill's Meatballs :) (/showthread.php?tid=75508)

Bill's Meatballs :) - bjcotton - 02-03-2009

Okay y'all, here is the recipe for the meatballs I came up with. It makes about 96 meatballs, so plan to freeze some.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Bill's Meatballs

Recipe By :Bill Cotton
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : A List Meats-Game

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
3 pounds ground beef, 93% lean
2 pounds ground pork
2 pounds ground veal
4 fresh bay leaves -- minced
1 1/2 tablespoons garlic seasoning
1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 tablespoon ground white pepper
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 large onion -- finely chopped
1 cup dried bread crumbs
3 large eggs -- lightly beaten
4 cups beef broth -- hot

Preheat oven to 450°F.

Add all ingredients except beef broth to a large bowl and mix thoroughly.

Using a two tablespoon scoop, scoop up mixture and roll into balls.

Using an 11 3/4- X 15 3/4-inch baking dish or whatever you have, add the meatballs to the dish leaving a space between each.

Pour in enough beef broth to equal about 1/4 to 1/2 inch in the bottom of the dish. Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until desired doneness.

Remove meatballs from the oven and put on a parchment lined tray, leaving a space between each, and freeze for about 30 minutes if desired. After freezing, vacuum pack the meatballs into a family size bag and store in the freezer.

If you are planning to use that day, chill in the refrigerator until about 20-30 minutes before adding to Marinara/Spaghetti sauce and heating through.

Serve in Meatball subs or over pasta.

Yield:
"96 each"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Here is the Marinara/Spaghetti sauce I previously posted the recipe for and the meatballs.

[Image: stuff12qy0.th.jpg]
[Image: stuff05nv0.th.jpg]

And here is a self portrait of my sisters, Carol (in the front) and Marilee, along with yours truly.

[Image: stuff03qz7.th.jpg]

Re: Bill's Meatballs :) - Gourmet_Mom - 02-03-2009

Sounds really good Billy! YUM!

Re: Bill's Meatballs :) - Harborwitch - 02-03-2009

Sounds good and looks fantastic!

Now I know what my sisters look like! How fun, and how pretty they both are.

Re: Bill's Meatballs :) - bjcotton - 02-03-2009

We were playing with my new camera. While Marilee was down 2 weeks ago, she and Carol dyed each others hair. It was fun helping them. Marilee dyed her hair with one of those dyes that wash out in a month or so...it was about the color of a Bing cherry. Carol's was kind of an ash blond. When I was in my early-mid twenties, I used to wear a toupee or a wig. Went bald when I was 22. I had 2 toupees and 3 wigs..I wore one each day to college for five days. One of my teachers asked which one was my real hair and I told him all five were, bought and paid for! Then, when I joined the Navy, I wore a short toupee; I'd wash it in the shower and then throw it in the dryer on low. Well one day the dryer malfunctioned and turned it into an Afro, so I went to school the next day with no hair. The Instructor told me I couldn't sit in my study carroll because it belonged to Petty Officer Cotton. I just looked at him and told him I WAS Petty Officer Cotton That was the end of the toupees and wigs.

Re: Bill's Meatballs :) - Harborwitch - 02-03-2009

Spew!!!!! Good thing the bourbon & water is out in the kitchen - that might have wrecked the keyboard, monitor, card reader, and . . . . the copies of our tax returns!!!

Re: Bill's Meatballs :) - DFen911 - 02-03-2009

Lol now Billy that is a great story!

Re: Bill's Meatballs :) - Mare749 - 02-04-2009

You are too funny! Great story! BTW, your meatball recipe sounds super and the pics look great.

Re: Bill's Meatballs :) - bjcotton - 02-04-2009

Thanks Maryann. They taste good too. I might not put as much white pepper in the next batch because my sister Carol doesn't care for pepper. It does leave a little tingly feeling in the mouth with the present amount I likes it!

Re: Bill's Meatballs :) - labradors - 02-04-2009

Huge fan of white pepper, here! More so than for black pepper (no - I'm not a racist). With some foods, though, the white pepper can overwhelm some people, and the flavour of the black pepper can blend in a little better.

Re: Bill's Meatballs :) - cjs - 02-04-2009

sounds and looks good, Billy!