Cuisine at home Forums
New LCBO Mag & New Toy - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: New LCBO Mag & New Toy (/showthread.php?tid=75144)

New LCBO Mag & New Toy - cjs - 01-30-2009

Just rec'd my new issue of LCBO - and relieved to see that while there are some good sounding recipes, I didn't fold every single recipe page as I'm usually doing!

But, what I did find was this cute little pan - and ordered it quickly on Amazon -

http://www.amazon.com/Large-Gourmet-Bowl-Maker-cavities/dp/B000SMSAPW/ref=pd_bxgy_k_img_b

I'm thinking besides a 'cake cup' with filling, it would be fun to make an ice bowl (as shown in mag.) and fill with shrimp and sauce. The pan comes in a '6-hole' size also.

Just another toy to find a storage place for - I still haven't used my brand new pan for those pancake puffs that so many of us bought in (?) Oct/Nov???? Where does time go...

Anyway, thought you all might be interested in a new toy.

Re: New LCBO Mag & New Toy - BarbaraS - 01-30-2009

Kewl!!

BTW, what does LCBO stand for?

Barbara

Re: New LCBO Mag & New Toy - cjs - 01-30-2009

It's the Canadian magazine that the Liquor Board of Canada publishes named Food & Drink - Lorraine turned us on to this mag. a few years ago. There is also a website -

http://www.lcbo.com/fooddrink/foodsearch.shtml

Great recipes!!

Re: New LCBO Mag & New Toy - Gourmet_Mom - 01-30-2009

Aren't they cool, Jean? I got a set last year as a gift. The first thing I made was 2 meatloaf "bowls" filled with mashed potatoes. I thought I had posted a picture of that one, but can't find it. And somewhere on here is where I made the shrimp "bowl" I made with dill. It was SO pretty! I still haven't gotten the little set. I think that would be more fun for individual servings.

I knew it! Here it is: Saturday Fun! I posted this one weekend when I was having fun with Bill's Bloody Bulls and Brendaritas! What a great day that was! The ice "bowl" is about half way down the thread.

Oh, I remember you talking about them now - the meatloaf and tatoes, yes!!

Thanks!!

I just ordered the "two-fer".

Barbara

I love it - another gadget queen!

Re: New LCBO Mag & New Toy - Harborwitch - 01-30-2009

That is too cool.

I just got the six serving shortcake pan last weekend. World Market is having a close-out sale on a lot of stuff. Its a smaller version - but it will be fun to play with.

Bob and I have picked out our next toy - it's the Kuhn Rikon "corn zipper". It looks really cool and like it'll make it a lot easier and neater to take the kernels off the cob.

Oh I love new toys! By the time I find the rest of my old ones they'll feel new again!

Oh yeah!!

But I have to be careful, I'm running out of spaces to hide my toys.

That shrimp holder was beautiful!!

Barbara

Re: New LCBO Mag & New Toy - Roxanne 21 - 01-30-2009

I will NOT order any more gadgets!!!! As she runs to the site and orders---

Give me a break, guys!!!! I am weak---VERY weak!!