Cuisine at home Forums
deep fryers - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: deep fryers (/showthread.php?tid=74783)

deep fryers - islandwinegirl - 01-25-2009

Hi All..

I am looking for some recommendations for fryers. everything we have in the kitchen is basically kitchen aid or cuisinart. Any ideas on who makes the best fryer?

Re: deep fryers - cjs - 01-25-2009

This is funny!! What timing - I'm an old cook and have had lots of deep fryers over the years, a couple of weeks ago, I decided I just don't like all the mess with those darn things and I bot a top of the stove set. It came two days ago and I love it. The 6-qt. pot is real heavy, the basket and lid that has 6 sections that are screened can go in the dishwasher. I ordered it thru Chefs.com on sale.

So, if you want the other kind this testimonial from me won't help in the least.

Re: deep fryers - DFen911 - 01-25-2009

So co-workers got me the DeLonghi Deep Fryer.

The basket turns while the food is cooking. The oil well is on an angle so it only uses about 1/2 the oil my old one did.

I would say the only down thing I can think of is, if you're doing Fried Icecream. But then I figure I'll just take the basket out for that

It has a built in timer and it's very very easy to clean.

Re: deep fryers - Lorraine - 01-26-2009

I had a Waring Pro, loved it.

Re: deep fryers - bjcotton - 01-26-2009

I had a Euro-Pro and really liked it, but it was just too big for 2 people. It took about 1 1/2 gallons of oil to fill. I now have a DeLonghi but haven't tested it.

Re: deep fryers - Roxanne 21 - 01-26-2009

I think it depends on what you want to use it for, how often and for how may people. I have a beautiful DeLonghi unit that I found more of a mess than worth it---if I want french fries I use my wok----are you cooking for large crowds? I cook for two---

Re: deep fryers - Harborwitch - 01-26-2009

I haven't tried that big guy out yet Billy - probably next weekend! I've also go a smaller one like the Euro Pro that I really liked - but it often wasn't big enough. Next trip to Stockton we'll have to stock up on the peanut oil.