Cuisine at home Forums
Washington State Wines - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Washington State Wines (/showthread.php?tid=74448)

Washington State Wines - Old Bay - 01-20-2009

In one week I have read major articles in the WSJ and in Gourmet on these wines. The Journal says the some of their syrahs are world class and have replaced Zins as the American go to for boldness--Gourmet sings the praises of all the wines and announces Washington is now #2 in production in the US. Jean and Roy shared some wonderful wine with us this last year up there--I think it will only get better. I like the Sangiovese, Bourdeaus blends, Cabs, and the Malbecs --yum. Whites are good too--I'm not a great judge of whites--look for Washington wines and Oregon Pinots in your wine shops--they are spreading and getting better!! California is not alone anymore.

Re: Washington State Wines - Trixxee - 01-20-2009

Our very favorite "house" wine has been Columbia Crest Grand Estates Cab Sav for about 4 years now. Love it. Cannot buy a better bottle of Cab for $8. It's a tad more in a regular grocery store but you can get it every day at Trader Joe's for that price. I'd be embarrassed to tell you how many bottles a month we go through.

Also, their Walter Clore Reserve (red) is a very good wine and splurge for us. You can often get this at Costco. Two thumbs up on this one.

Re: Washington State Wines - cjs - 01-21-2009

"Walter Clore Reserve (red)" - have not heard of this one - will certainly look for it tho. Columbia Crest Grand Estates Cab is a favorite of ours also - for everyday.

I sure agree with those articles, Bill - we only have to leave the state for sun now, not wine!!! Love our Sryahs.

Came home yesterday to our wine club shipment from Sageland's winery - some pretty good lookin' goodies!

Re: Washington State Wines - esgunn - 01-21-2009

This is another nice Wa Winery.

Fourteen Hands Winery

Re: Washington State Wines - cjs - 01-22-2009

Yes, it is, Erin.