Cuisine at home Forums
Review: Pistachio-crusted fish - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Review: Pistachio-crusted fish (/showthread.php?tid=73537)

Review: Pistachio-crusted fish - Roxanne 21 - 01-09-2009

with yogurt chimichurri

Cuisine for Two page 33

Mixed reviews on this one......personally I thought this was just okay. I would give it about a 6....even though the ingredients sounded wonderful, the final dish just did not seem to come together as I thought it would. It is an easy dish to make, the oven time needs to be a bit longer than 15 minutes--maybe 20. The chimichurri was good with the yogurt but I would cut back on the lime juice (1/2 as much) because it was too overpowering for us. I always do this with lemon as well. Peter thought it was about a 2---did not care for it but he ate it anyway..he's such a good sport Anybody else make this??

I am a huge seafood nut so was a bit disappointed but it was fun to make for something different.

The pineapple rice accompaniment was quite good--I will make this again and serve with a simple chicken dish sometime. I also had broccolini.

Peter filled up on New Orleans Oatmeal cookies --a Maida Heatter recipe. They are pretty good but not great--taste similar to hermits without the glaceed fruit.

Re: Review: Pistachio-crusted fish - Mare749 - 01-09-2009

Thanks Roxanne, for the review. It's always good to know when a recipe doesn't go over that well, because at least that way we don't have high expectations if we decide to try it anyway.

I can't remember (at the moment) what dish I made a while back that Ron really didn't care for, but I do remember being so disappointed after spending a lot of time making it.

Maryann

Re: Review: Pistachio-crusted fish - luvnit - 01-09-2009

Nice review. I thought that one sounded good too. I had an old recipe for this. It was similar, but not the same. I had the pineapple rice and loved it!

Re: Review: Pistachio-crusted fish - Gourmet_Mom - 01-09-2009

POOH! I saw this thread and thought...woohooo! Love pistachios and love salmon. Oh well, at least now I know what to expect, but will probably not try it.

Thanks Roxanne....like Maryann said, I like the ho hum reviews, too. It's better to know.

Re: Review: Pistachio-crusted fish - Roxanne 21 - 01-10-2009

It's not salmon, Mom.......a nice white fish___cod, halibut, snapper (I use kingklip--South African version).....salmon would definitely NOT work with this recipe---

Re: Review: Pistachio-crusted fish - firechef - 01-10-2009

Psst...Mom, there are many wonderful kinds of fish in the world besides salmon!

Re: Review: Pistachio-crusted fish - Gourmet_Mom - 01-10-2009

I don't know how I read salmon there...LOL! Well, POOH two times over. This would have been good with grouper. I still may try a pistachio crust sometime though. Sounds good.