Cuisine at home Forums
Tonite I "created" a dish .... - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Tonite I "created" a dish .... (/showthread.php?tid=73337)

Tonite I "created" a dish .... - farnfam - 01-06-2009

..... of sorts. Roasted some zukes, onions, tomatoes, lightly seasoned. Pan fried some chicken quarters and finished in the oven. Arranged in a dish, polenta w asiagio, roasted veggies, chicken quarters and topped with fresh, chopped basil leaves. It was very good and satisfying. Looked pretty too, but I sipped wine as I cooked and tho' I planned to take a photo, it "slipped my mind" hic

Re: Tonite I "created" a dish .... - bjcotton - 01-06-2009

As long as you enjoyed it, that's all that matters. Now if you'd used the front quarters I'd have joined you

Re: Tonite I "created" a dish .... - labradors - 01-06-2009

Sounds great. I love to create new things. Many times, I've been so satisfied with them that I made sure to write out the recipe for future use.

Cooking can be a lot of work, but it can also be a LOT of fun - keep creating!

Re: Tonite I "created" a dish .... - Gourmet_Mom - 01-06-2009

Sure sounds good Cis! And what a nice way for something to "sip" your mind. *HIC*

Re: Tonite I "created" a dish .... - foodfiend - 01-06-2009

Cis, this sounded delicious! Wish I were there...

Re: Tonite I "created" a dish .... - Old Bay - 01-06-2009

Great!!-Experiment!! Sounds good! My first "creation" was when I was a night nurse in an alcoholic ward in Round Rock Texas my second year in college (1963). My roommate and nurse associate, had a kitchen and we cooked our dinners--I fixed a casserole of chicken breasts with Campbells Cream of Mushroom Soup and Cream of Celery soup--baked in the oven. Not too creative, but not bad for a 19 year old!! Simple, and sophomoric (accurate), compared to yours!

Re: Tonite I "created" a dish .... - HomeCulinarian - 01-07-2009

My first creation that I can think of is Chicken, Pasta & Pesto.... Grilled or pan seared chicken breast meat cut in strips, frozen package of rotini with California mix, and a container of refrigerated pesto sauce. It was a huge hit with the family. I might just have to make that again soon.

Re: Tonite I "created" a dish .... - Old Bay - 01-07-2009

Both of those are so much better than mine!! I was just so young!
(It did taste good)

Re: Tonite I "created" a dish .... - DFen911 - 01-07-2009

Cis that sounds yummy!

Lol my first 'dish' was when I was 12. I took some english muffins, topped them with left over spaghetti sauce, and a piece of american cheese and made mini pizza's.

I like Cis's recipe better

Re: Tonite I "created" a dish .... - cjs - 01-07-2009

"my second year in college (1963)." geez, in 1963 I was on my third baby!!! And boy, was I making up dishes in those days...hardly had a pot to p** in. I remember (don't know why, I forget everything else!) that pork chops were just beginning to go up in price - I used to buy them so often 'cause they were so cheap, the kid's dad finally yelled UNCLE!!

Cis, that sounds so good! A little sausage and the flavors remind me of Roberto's oven roasted dish.