Cuisine at home Forums
Shrimp Etouffe Stuffed Fillet - Leftovers - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Shrimp Etouffe Stuffed Fillet - Leftovers (/showthread.php?tid=73282)

Shrimp Etouffe Stuffed Fillet - Leftovers - Harborwitch - 01-06-2009

Well the recipe made 4 lovely fillets and extra etouffe - well what's a girl to do. . . . breakfast!

Shrimp, buttered & toasted (popcorn bread) crouton, the stuffed steak, a poached egg, all topped with hollandaise! Bob licked his plate clean and we both thought it made a better breakfast than dinner!

[Image: 3174698028_b5760bb487.jpg]

Re: Shrimp Etouffe Stuffed Fillet - Leftovers - Roxanne 21 - 01-06-2009

Now that looks really GREAT!!!! Your poached egg is a true work of art!!! GREAT image---it is a very nice dish.

For breakfast??? Who would need dinner? ...and then you have the chance to work it off all day long

Re: Shrimp Etouffe Stuffed Fillet - Leftovers - Harborwitch - 01-06-2009

Thank you - the flavors were just perfect although I think a little more "cajun" in the sauce would have been good and something fresh and green (chives?) would have been nice.

Re: Shrimp Etouffe Stuffed Fillet - Leftovers - Gourmet_Mom - 01-06-2009

AW, man, you're killing me here Sharon! Even WITH the poached egg. BTW, I'm a popcorn bread die hard, too...it's my go to homemade loaf bread, rolls, and buns. I'd planned on making bread this weekend as a matter of fact...popcorn bread it is! We love the stuff! THANKS LABS!

It's our favorite too - although I make a multi-grain with all kinds of goodies in it that Bob loves too. The texture of the popcorn bread is so nice

I agree, Thanks Labs!

Re: Shrimp Etouffe Stuffed Fillet - Leftovers - Gourmet_Mom - 01-06-2009

TOTALLY agree on the texture. I've not found anything to match it. I still haven't found the multi-grain, so I guess that's on the list of things to order soon.

Re: Shrimp Etouffe Stuffed Fillet - Leftovers - labradors - 01-06-2009

LOL! Never realised how popular that popcorn bread would turn out. Glad to have helped.

I'll post the recipe I use tomorrow when I've got time to sit. Right now peeking in while taking down Christmas.

Re: Shrimp Etouffe Stuffed Fillet - Leftovers - cjs - 01-07-2009

Oh my, doesn't that look delicious!!

Re: Shrimp Etouffe Stuffed Fillet - Leftovers - Harborwitch - 01-07-2009

Bob said last night that the breakfast was better than the dinner. Hmmmm, you betcha Bob! Fillet for breakfast. Just for special occasions.