Cuisine at home Forums
Review: Salad Nicoise - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Review: Salad Nicoise (/showthread.php?tid=73162)

Review: Salad Nicoise - Roxanne 21 - 01-04-2009

From Cooking for Two (vol. 1)

What a delightful, fun meal. I love salads of any kind and Peter is NOT a great fan of "rabbit food" but I made it anyway....he ate EVERY morsel and asked for more!!

The dressing here was a sweet/tangy combo....just the right amounts of both. The tuna kebabs were superb...cooked just right according to the directions.

This is a geat meal because you get a bit of everything with a change of pace style. Fairly easy and clean-up was a breeze...just my kebab pan is still soaking. I used my non stick grill pan but it still stuck...pretty grill marks on the kebabs, though

Will do again, for sure!! This is the first meal I have made from the issue...some interesting looking stuff in there!!!

Re: Review: Salad Nicoise - farnfam - 01-04-2009

Thanks Rox! I have planned to make this meal a number of times and I always get sidetracked for some reason. Thanks for reminding me, this needs to be made and eaten before any more of 2009 goes by

Re: Review: Salad Nicoise - pjcooks - 01-04-2009

I didn't make the whole recipe but I did make the vin, and it is a good dressing. Thanks for the review, Rox, I have enjoyed several of those recipes. I like that they're scaled for 2 people, which in my house means a meal for me now and one for another day.

PJ

Re: Review: Salad Nicoise - DFen911 - 01-04-2009

No pictures?!

Re: Review: Salad Nicoise - cjs - 01-05-2009

shoot, I hate it when I don't have 'immediate' access to the publications!! will mark this thread so I don't forget it. Sounds really good.

Re: Review: Salad Nicoise - HomeCulinarian - 01-05-2009

I've made this a couple of times. Two changes I made after the first go was to NOT boil the potatoes with the beans and eggs. The potatoes were a mess and using one extra saucepan wasn't much of a sacrifice. Also, I didn't kabob the tuna. Just seared two small steaks and put them on top. It is a great dish.

Re: Review: Salad Nicoise - farnfam - 01-05-2009

Thanks for those tips HC, I'll keep them in mind when I make this....very soon