Cuisine at home Forums
Found a Wonderful Little Shop!! - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Found a Wonderful Little Shop!! (/showthread.php?tid=73069)

Found a Wonderful Little Shop!! - cjs - 01-03-2009

Oh my, I could have spent the entire day in 'We Olive' shop here in Paso Robles. Pictures will tell you much better about the whole experience than I could ever express in mere words -

weolive.com

See?????? We just bellied up to the bar and grazed thru as many as we could.

Ended up buying a salad dressing/dipping oil - Gorgonzola and thyme flavored; a black olive jam (I'm afraid to open it, we'd probably eat the entire thing in one sitting!); and one of their many white balsamics - you can just sip straight from the bottle.

I joined their mailing list, so will probably be getting more goodies from them over time. (we're going back today or tomorrow!)

Re: Found a Wonderful Little Shop!! - Gourmet_Mom - 01-03-2009

Mercy! William will be so envious! I can't wait to show him....I know, I'm a little perverse that way...LOL!

Re: Found a Wonderful Little Shop!! - Old Bay - 01-03-2009

Jean, bless your heart, we gave the website to Eric (Jane's son)--he is exploring franchising and opening one in Austin!!! It would be the seed to a cheese and meat market. Thanks!!

Re: Found a Wonderful Little Shop!! - farnfam - 01-03-2009

and here I sit in nowhereland, in the great white north. Without even a glimmer of hope that such a shop would be opened anywhere within a 100 miles of here.....sniff,whimper

Re: Found a Wonderful Little Shop!! - DFen911 - 01-03-2009

We have a WeOlive about 30 minutes away. It's amazing how many different varieties of olives there are

Re: Found a Wonderful Little Shop!! - foodfiend - 01-03-2009

I'm with Cis... slightly depressed and quite envious. Um, our local grocery has an olive bar. Guess I'll have to be content with that *sigh*

Re: Found a Wonderful Little Shop!! - BarbaraS - 01-03-2009

Wow Jean, that's some kind of specialty food shop!!

There's a Wegmans that opened up near us. I go there for their Empire kosher chicken and turkey because they're awesome!!

They have a cheese section and a separate olive section that has everything you could hope for, but this store really takes the cake. OMG, an olive oil tasting bar.

What kind of balsamic vinegars did you taste?

Barbara

Re: Found a Wonderful Little Shop!! - chef_Tab - 01-03-2009

Wow! That is so awesome. I love the wedding favor idea. How great would that be? But, sadly, I am with Cis and Vicci, nothing even close to that here. The best I can do is World Market. Gosh, California sounds so wonderful.

Re: Found a Wonderful Little Shop!! - Gourmet_Mom - 01-03-2009

I showed this to William and he was like..."so have you got your passport yet. If we do a loop to S. Cal. up the coast to Washington to Jean's, we may get a chance to go up into Canada." I'm not holding my breath, but he is really talking it up lately. I would love to drive out and visit along the way, but I'd be happy to fly to S. Cal. and rent a car and drive North!

Re: Found a Wonderful Little Shop!! - DFen911 - 01-04-2009

WooHoo!! Well I for one would LOVE it!!