Cuisine at home Forums
August 2008 issue - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: August 2008 issue (/showthread.php?tid=71546)

August 2008 issue - d4bader - 12-10-2008

I misplaced my August issue and think there is a breakfast egg casserole recipe in the issue. Can anyone take a quick look in their copy to see if I'm correct? And if so, please post the recipe for me? I wanted to make it for a brunch on Sunday. Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: August 2008 issue - BarbaraS - 12-10-2008

Can you be more specific? I looked at my August issue and couldn't find anything relating to eggs.

I do recall a more recent quiche-type recipe using hash browns as the crust and a regular quiche recipe for the rest in a pie pan.

Does this do anything for you?

Barbara

Re: August 2008 issue - d4bader - 12-10-2008

Hmmm - maybe it was another magazine then. Thanks so much for checking. Happy Holidays!

Re: August 2008 issue - Gourmet_Mom - 12-10-2008

There has been a recipe with a "strudel" type recipe with a braided top this year. Could that be it? I seem to remember another egg/breakfast/brunch recipe, but would have to look. But if you are sure it's August, I won't bother.

Re: August 2008 issue - chef_Tab - 12-11-2008

There is also a breakfast fritata in the Holiday Cookbook that also appears in another cookbook. I have been looking for a breakfast casserole myself for next weekend. I hope this thread drums out some good ideas!

Re: August 2008 issue - chef_Tab - 12-11-2008

"I do recall a more recent quiche-type recipe using hash browns as the crust and a regular quiche recipe for the rest in a pie pan."

Barbara, do you remember where this recipe might be found? It sounds promising.

Re: August 2008 issue - BarbaraS - 12-11-2008

Theresa,

I'm at work now so I'll look it up when I get home unless someone beats me to it. I remember it was a one-pager recipe, not a featured one.

I made this not too long ago and it was great! The hash browns browned and crunched up nicely. And I used my deep dish pie plate.

Barbara

Re: August 2008 issue - BarbaraS - 12-11-2008

Okay,

So I went through the recipe index for issues up to #66 and here's what I see:

Issue #56 (April 2006) has quiche recipes for:

Cream Cheese Crust
Ham, Sweet Potato, and Broccoli Quiche
Crab and Scallion Quiche
Sausage, Mushroom, and Mustard Greens Quiche

Then, issue #45 (June, 2004) has a quiche recipe for Potato crust quiche that's made with ready-made hash browns you can buy in the store.

Let me know if one feels similar to what you're looking for and I'll type it in.

Barbara