Cuisine at home Forums
T.G.I.F. - 11/7 Dinner? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: T.G.I.F. - 11/7 Dinner? (/showthread.php?tid=69070)

T.G.I.F. - 11/7 Dinner? - cjs - 11-07-2008

T.G.I.F. to everyone. I envy Jeanette, it's so fun to have a birthday on a weekend!

We're having another Asian dinner - on a roll here. Well, the snow peas looked so good, couldn't pass up buying lots of them.

Beef with Snow Peas and a Cream Corn Soup (Asian flavored)

What's everyone else up to?

Re: T.G.I.F. - 11/7 Dinner? - chef_Tab - 11-07-2008

I am making the chicken lo mein recipe you posted yesterday because I can't get it out of my mind! Of course, I had to drive to 3 separate stores to get all the ingredients. It is just silly shopping around here. I am so anxious for dinner and I hope there will be leftovers so I can have it for lunch tomorrow too! Thanks again Jean!

Re: T.G.I.F. - 11/7 Dinner? - BarbaraS - 11-07-2008

Aha!! It's "Cook's Night Off", well, sort of.

I picked up some stromboli slices when I got a couple strip steaks at Whole Foods. All I have to do is reheat the stromboli. That, plus a little salad and cole slaw.

Can't wait to do that sugar-rubbed steak from issue 56 tomorrow night!

Barbara

Re: T.G.I.F. - 11/7 Dinner? - Gourmet_Mom - 11-07-2008

Since I didn't have anything planned, and beef for London Broil was on sale, I picked one up. I'll fix twice baked potatoes and a simple salad. Tomorrow night is my review.

Re: T.G.I.F. - 11/7 Dinner? - chef_Tab - 11-07-2008

Oh my gosh, Barbara, thanks for reminding me about those steaks! I wanted to make that this weekend too! I am pretty sure the KC strips are even on sale.

Re: T.G.I.F. - 11/7 Dinner? - BarbaraS - 11-07-2008

Theresa,

I just showed the recipe to the hubby. He's looking forward to it.

Barbara

Re: T.G.I.F. - 11/7 Dinner? - Harborwitch - 11-07-2008

I've spent all day shredding everything with a name and address on it that we don't need to save and don't want to move. My brain sort of feels shredded too. I don't know what we're having - maybe Bob needs to bring me home a mystery bag??? Or a pizza

Re: T.G.I.F. - 11/7 Dinner? - Gourmet_Mom - 11-07-2008

Bless your heart Sharon! I wish I was there to help. What is your deadline, again? Gettin' close isn't it?

Re: T.G.I.F. - 11/7 Dinner? - firechef - 11-07-2008

Rib-eye steaks maybe with a nice Vietnamese BBQ sauce and some rice or noodles and some stir fry vegetables...sounds good and the rib-eyes are thawing.

Re: T.G.I.F. - 11/7 Dinner? - Harborwitch - 11-07-2008

We have to be out of here by the 19th. Hopefully we can start moving a few things over this weekend. Gawd I hate moving When our new "landlady" said they want LONG term tenants I was jumping for joy!!