Cuisine at home Forums
Mascarpone Question - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Mascarpone Question (/showthread.php?tid=68582)

Mascarpone Question - Gourmet_Mom - 11-02-2008

While typing in the Tiramisu Torta, I discovered it calls for tiramisu flavored mascarpone. Has anyone ever found this online anywhere? Does anyone have an ideas for how to imitate it? Espresso, coffee flavored liquor...?

And thanks a lot you guys...when I went to igourmet to see if they had it, I fell into the cheese section and "died"! I found part of William's Christmas! That place is dangerous! I really OUGHT to run far, run fast!

Re: Mascarpone Question - esgunn - 11-02-2008

Daphne - Try Here

Re: Mascarpone Question - cjs - 11-02-2008

I'd try flavoring it with Kahlua

I get us a cheese box every Christmas from igourmet, Daphne. Sometime try their Raclette - died and gone to heaven!

Re: Mascarpone Question - BarbaraS - 11-02-2008

Quote:

Daphne - Try Here

That company sells mozzarella cheese pre-sliced! I used it in that lasagna recipe!

Barbara

Re: Mascarpone Question - Gourmet_Mom - 11-02-2008

Thanks Jean. I may try that instead of ordering, unless I can still add it to my current book order. Thanks Erin! How did you find that? I tried googling and didn't come close...LOL!

Jean, you're not helping here! I've still got the site open.

Re: Mascarpone Question - esgunn - 11-02-2008

When my mom and I were in Switzerland years ago - we went to Gruyere and we went to a cheese factory and to lunch at a little restaurant - it was the first time I had raclette. Oh, how yummy!

Re: Mascarpone Question - Lorraine - 11-03-2008

"Switzerland years ago - we went to Gruyere "
Now that sounds like a great time. Raclette has been very popular in Quebec for probably 25 years.

Re: Mascarpone Question - cjs - 11-03-2008

Oh Erin, I think it is one of my favorites and so much fun to serve!