Cuisine at home Forums
Issue #72 - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Issue #72 (/showthread.php?tid=68287)

Issue #72 - - 10-29-2008

Oh, what a beautiful cover!! I can't wait to make some of the "goodies" in this issue - great things to tuck into Christmas tins for co-workers of daughter and daughter-in-law - I'll have to put this one down until I have my lunch!!

Re: Issue #72 - luvnit - 10-29-2008

What! Were is mine! Better go check my mail!

Re: Issue #72 - Gourmet_Mom - 10-29-2008

OH, BOTHER! I probably won't get mine for another week! ARGGGG! How can this be, when I live north of you Sonja!?!?!? No fair!

Re: Issue #72 - firechef - 10-29-2008

I live less than two hours from the publishers and I am normally one of the LAST to get an issue as well! I work 37 miles or so from their offices!!!

Re: Issue #72 - cjs - 10-29-2008

Shoot -I just lost a long post! One thing I wanted to mention and give Joy credit for is the magazine is now putting the names of recipe developers with the articles - that has always bugged me that they didn't. I like to get to know the cooks whose recipe I especially like.

Anyway, I was also only whining about not being a baker/pastry person so there are not as many dishes I want to make in this issue.

But a couple did jump out at me - I'm thinking I'm going to like this Haley J.Wilson..... Moroccan Short ribs (hers)

and Susan Hoss' Asian Chix rolls and Creamy Brie Dip (with artichokkes & crab)

Re: Issue #72 - Gourmet_Mom - 10-29-2008

Quote:

Anyway, I was also only whining about not being a baker/pastry person so there are not as many dishes I want to make in this issue.

I'm not much on baking either, so I guess I'll be out on this one also. I'll wait and see. I did notice she was the editor for the Soups, Stews, and Chilies "book", so maybe it's just that it's an issue for the holidays. We'll see.

Re: Issue #72 - Old Bay - 10-29-2008

Jean, the Overnite French Toast is really a modification of your French Toast with 18 hr bread.

Re: Issue #72 - farnfam - 10-29-2008

Creamy Brie with artichokes and crab sounds wonderful. Hint,hint.
Cis

Re: Issue #72 - pjcooks - 10-29-2008

Quote:

Sounds like I'm going to like this issue

I finally flipped through the re-issue of Holiday Cookies at the store the other day and didn't buy it. Too many recipes that were too close to stuff I already do. Decided to save the money and get the Soups special when it rolls around again.

I wonder where mine is, usually I get it fairly early but as LJ said, there's no rhyme or reason.

PJ

Re: Issue #72 - - 10-29-2008

I don't have a clue, Daphne - this is the earliest I have ever gotten mine!!