Cuisine at home Forums
New Owner - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: New Owner (/showthread.php?tid=66684)

New Owner - wheatleyp1 - 10-09-2008

Greeting everyone, well I am now the new owner of a Stainless Steel French Door Bottom Freezer Refrigerator! I must tell you a funny story. When they delivered the refrigerator my husband was home to receive it and before I could get home he was lighting up my cell phone trying to reach me. When I got home he was upset that the entire refrigerator was not stainless and so was I. We both could have sworn the refrigerators we looked at were totally stainless but they were not. The Kenmore has a gray monochromatic cabinet but they told us it use to be black with the stainless doors. I called a friend of mine who has a Jenn Air and one that has a GE Profile to ask if theirs was all stainless but they said no it was black. I was told to have one all stainless is what they call a wrap and it would be very expensive. We also now have a new dishwasher and the microwave that I mentioned which is awesome. Now on to granite counter tops. :>)

Re: New Owner - Old Bay - 10-09-2008

Quote:

Greeting everyone, well I am now the new owner of a Stainless Steel French Door Bottom Freezer Refrigerator! I must tell you a funny story. When they delivered the refrigerator my husband was home to receive it and before I could get home he was lighting up my cell phone trying to reach me. When I got home he was upset that the entire refrigerator was not stainless and so was I. We both could have sworn the refrigerators we looked at were totally stainless but they were not. The Kenmore has a gray monochromatic cabinet but they told us it use to be black with the stainless doors. I called a friend of mine who has a Jenn Air and one that has a GE Profile to ask if theirs was all stainless but they said no it was black. I was told to have one all stainless is what they call a wrap and it would be very expensive. We also now have a new dishwasher and the microwave that I mentioned which is awesome. Now on to granite counter tops. :>)

Re: New Owner - Lorraine - 10-09-2008

Huge congratsw on the new appliances! I'm dealing with an old fridge that is dripping water everywhere. How do you like the bottom freezer, or is it too early to tell?

Re: New Owner - firechef - 10-09-2008

Hard to tell Bill...

Re: New Owner - esgunn - 10-09-2008

I have a kenmore Full Refer and Full freezer. They are black except for the doors which are stainless. I think mine are made by frigidaire. My kenmore range is the same way. Black on the sides and stainless on all the front and top surfaces.

Congrats on the new appliances and send us pictures when the countertops are in!!!

Re: New Owner - chef_Tab - 10-10-2008

How exciting to get all new things you picked out! We live in a home that came with the appliances the builder picked. Since they are only 3 years old, I can hardly justify replacing them. The only one I really hate is the stove because it is a smooth top. Looks good, but I feel I have to "pamper" it. Anyway, we have quartz counters and I love them. Our last house had corian and I really liked that too. When you get the new counters, it will really jazz up the kitchen. Will it all be done before the holidays?

Re: New Owner - farnfam - 10-10-2008

I went with quartz counter too, and I love it! I'm not sure but from what I read granite is a little fussy with care about etching and keeping it polished. Not so with the quartz. Plus I LOVE how dough and stuff comes right off no sticking. In some ways the stone counter is a cooking appliance as well.
Cis

Re: New Owner - HomeCulinarian - 10-10-2008

Lucky you!

Re: New Owner - Trixxee - 10-10-2008

Congrats! Like Theresa, our appliances aren't that old (but they are 5 years old) so nothing new for us.
We went with quartz too (Silestone Stellar Meadow). So easy to take care of and looks so pretty. Ours is sort of a light green with flecks of a little darker green, cream and white.