Cuisine at home Forums
Note for Roy - Jean's Boy Toy - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Note for Roy - Jean's Boy Toy (/showthread.php?tid=65153)

Note for Roy - Jean's Boy Toy - luvnit - 09-16-2008

I purchased a wooden pasta dryer several months ago. When I got it, it sort of smelled musty. I used it once then packed it away during our home renovation project.

I finally unpacked it the other day. It still smelled. Sprayed it with a light bleach mixture, ran it through a very hot dishwasher and oiled it up. Made pasta and hung it to dry.

Even the pasta tasted musty (or mildewee).

Finally I threw it away.

If I remember right, Roy (Jean's dear hubby) makes a pasta dryer. Does he have any that he would like to sell? I would love one!!!

It's been a while, what else does he make. I may be in need of other items I didn't know I could do without.

Re: Note for Roy - Jean's Boy Toy - Gourmet_Mom - 09-16-2008

Laura, GREAT idea! The holidays are right around the corner! I would dearly LOVE a salt box. And my tobacco stick wrapped in plastic wrap hung over an "L" in my cabinets doesn't work for a pasta dryer. (I kept opening the stupid cabinet UNDER the "rack" and knocking it off. OUCH!) SO, I would definitely be in the market for a drying rack as well.

So give, Jean, what else ya got that I didn't know I needed, but MUST have now?

Re: Note for Roy - Jean's Boy Toy - Mare749 - 09-16-2008

This might sound kind of yucky, but it really does work great. I have a wooden clothes rack that is only used to dry pasta. I put a big cookie sheet on the bottom rack to catch anything that falls. Of course, anything that Roy makes is going to be much prettier.....

Maryann

Re: Note for Roy - Jean's Boy Toy - firechef - 09-17-2008

The clothes drying bars are a good idea. They make plastic ones of those as well that I have seen used in a couple of small Mom & Pop Italian places over the years as well. We all know they are NSF Certified too...NOT!

Re: Note for Roy - Jean's Boy Toy - luvnit - 09-17-2008

Oooh never thought of a clothes drying rack (it doesn't sound yucky, unless you are drying your pantyhose right next to the linguine!) Splended idea. Wood or plastic would work.

Yes, I am sure Roy's are much prettier and I will hold out for that first. But if he can't get it done I will look into that.

Daphne- Yes, I remember Roy's salt boxes too! They are wonderful. I have a salt crock that bought in NM years ago and I love it or I would replace it. I put my kosher salt in it. But, lately I have been thinking about adding a sea salt to my countertop. A new salt box would be in order for that!

Re: Note for Roy - Jean's Boy Toy - cjs - 09-17-2008

Well, well, what an interesting thread... Let Roy get thru the next few days and he'll get with you, Laura (read "Finally a trailer" thread)

He's been making all kinds of goodies.

Re: Note for Roy - Jean's Boy Toy - Gourmet_Mom - 09-17-2008

>>>>Raising hand and waving wildly<<<<<<<<

"Me, too! Me, too!!!!!!"

Re: Note for Roy - Jean's Boy Toy - Lorraine - 09-18-2008

" He's been making all kinds of goodies "

I need a bit more info before giving Gil my Christmas list.

Re: Note for Roy - Jean's Boy Toy - cjs - 09-19-2008

Re: Note for Roy - Jean's Boy Toy - DFen911 - 09-19-2008

I have never made pasta to dry. I am assuming there is no egg in it?

Recipe/technique please