Cuisine at home Forums
Thursday's Dinner? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Thursday's Dinner? (/showthread.php?tid=64403)

Thursday's Dinner? - cjs - 09-04-2008

Good weather is back, so I have 3 pkgs. of meat thawing to be grilled or smoked or something fun OUTSIDE!!

Tonight is grilled Hawaiian beef strips (or whatever they are called wherever.... ) and the chipotle-maple black beans. Hmmmm, this dinner just calls for grilled garlic bread too.

What are you up to?

Re: Thursday's Dinner? - Trixxee - 09-04-2008

I'm pretty sure dinner will revolve around some kind of fresh seafood. I'll pop over to the Farmer's Market after my walk this morning.

I have a couple of things in mind - the cajun snapper tacos from the Celebrate the Rain book, grilled swordfish, grilled Opah (it's rare they have this) or something else that comes to mind once I'm there.

I'm hoping they have some smoked salmon. I'd like to make the smoked salmon chowder from the newest issue on Monday.

Re: Thursday's Dinner? - Lorraine - 09-04-2008

I have to go grocery shopping, so I'm hoping they have fresh pickerel. If not, Chicken Roulades with Caesar Salad. Haven't had them in awhile.

Re: Thursday's Dinner? - cjs - 09-04-2008

oh, I haven't either, Lorraine.

(I ordered those darn books, Trixxee....thanks a lot!)

Re: Thursday's Dinner? - Harborwitch - 09-04-2008

. . . . and where is this Chipotle Maple Black Bean recipe found??? I just happen to have some black beans.

Re: Thursday's Dinner? - farnfam - 09-04-2008

I'm going to do those Eggplant Tomato stacks again this time with Stilton for the cheese. I think it'll go good. Probbly on a bed of Orzo? I might just skip a protien since the Stilton is so strong. It's gotten cool and rainy again. Next week it'll be snowing I love Winter, but not so soon.
Cis

Re: Thursday's Dinner? - Trixxee - 09-04-2008

farnfam - are you in the Buffalo area?

Re: Thursday's Dinner? - farnfam - 09-04-2008

Yup Trix, about 4 hours North and East of Buffalo, closer to the Canadian border.
Cis

Re: Thursday's Dinner? - Mare749 - 09-04-2008

Tonight is Giada's Braciole and probably some lightly dressed angel hair on the side, with a tossed salad with fresh tomatoes. Yes, that Italian ancestry is calling.

Re: Thursday's Dinner? - cjs - 09-04-2008

Sharon, it's in the Cuisine Tonight Grilling book - I just got it.

Chipotle-Maple Black Beans
Makes 3 cups

1 cup onion, diced
1 T. vege oil
1 tsp. minced garlic
2 T. apple cider vinegar
2 cans (15 oz. each) black beans, drained, rinsed
1/2 cup maple syrup (I may try a 1/3 cup)
1/2 cup ketchup
2 T. chipotle chiles in adobo, minced
1 tsp. dry mustard
1 tsp. worcestershire sauce
salt to taste

Saute onion in oil in a saute pan over medium heat till softened, about 3 min.
Stir in garlic & cook 1 min.

Deglaze with vinegar and bring to a boil.
Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 10 min.

---

Mine are all mixed up ready to go in the smoker early afternoon. I did use only about 1/3 cup of the maple syrup, sounded like it might be too sweet.