Cuisine at home Forums
Wednesday for Dinner? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Wednesday for Dinner? (/showthread.php?tid=64348)

Wednesday for Dinner? - cjs - 09-03-2008

When I grill a T-Bone for us to share Roy never gets the bone - love the meat on the bone, so I grilled two last night and of course enough meat for an army. So tonight we're having hash with the leftovers. What a great clean up dish hash is. I found a little pkg. of duck gravy to add to it - cooked it early so I only have to heat it up later and the house smells so good!

What's everyone else up to?

Re: Wednesday for Dinner? - Harborwitch - 09-03-2008

I found a lovely sounding recipe in my email this am - Grilled Thai Beef Rolls so I think I'll make them with ground turkey or chicken. A nice salad, and some brown rice cooked with coconut milk and pickled ginger.

Re: Wednesday for Dinner? - Trixxee - 09-03-2008

My husand is out of town so I'm off the hook if I choose to be. And I think I choose to be. I have been craving an open faced tuna melt so I may just do that.

My son will probably just want pasta, again.

Re: Wednesday for Dinner? - Harborwitch - 09-03-2008

That tuna melt sounds awfully good. . . better stick with the plan.

Re: Wednesday for Dinner? - Trixxee - 09-03-2008

A tuna melt may sound good, but not as good as hash or Grilled Thai Beef Rolls! Both sound excellent.

Re: Wednesday for Dinner? - cjs - 09-03-2008

...and almost everyone has already made this, but I've got some heavy cream crying to be used, so I think we'll finally try the Maque choux. It's been calling to me.....

Re: Wednesday for Dinner? - chef_Tab - 09-03-2008

I too am off the hook for tonight. I did make the stuffed jalapenos to throw on the grill for an appy, but hubby has a dinner meeting so I am on my own after that. I am trying to decide what I feel like eating. Yesterday was 90 and sunny, today is 57 and raining. We are getting the remnants of Gustov. If I could motivate myself to drive to the store, I would experiment with the reverse seared steak. I could actually go for a bowl of quahog chowder.

Re: Wednesday for Dinner? - pjcooks - 09-03-2008

I'm craving a Reuben...so a Reuben it is That hash sounds good though, I love any kind of hash.

PJ

Re: Wednesday for Dinner? - mlucas1 - 09-03-2008

We're going to have chicken piccata and some plain spaghetti. I might make a green salad to go with it.

Re: Wednesday for Dinner? - bjcotton - 09-03-2008

We'll be eating leftovers tonight, but I am making a Carrot Cake this afternoon while smoking the pinto beans.