Cuisine at home Forums
What's for "Supper'???? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for "Supper'???? (/showthread.php?tid=62576)

What's for "Supper'???? - cjs - 08-14-2008

...or dinner??? I have some brats in the freezer, so maybe the Bratwurst with apple kraut and sweet pickle relish HC liked a week or so ago....

An old friend posted a method for making Canadian Bacon on another forum that I'm also going to play with today. I finally found the curing salts I needed while we were in Tacoma and there is a pork loin waiting for me in the fridge.

What's everyone else up to?

Re: What's for "Supper'???? - Gourmet_Mom - 08-14-2008

Depending on the availability of ingredients at my local store, it's either the Pozole or LJ's Mushroom-Garlic Chicken. If I don't get to the store, its ribs...got everything here for that.

Re: What's for "Supper'???? - HomeCulinarian - 08-14-2008

Leftovers... selecting from Kung Pao Shrimp soup, jambalaya, citrus chicken, cucumber salad (two kinds) and cucumber spinach soup.

Re: What's for "Supper'???? - Lorraine - 08-14-2008

I never know from one hour to the next if it'll rain, so I've been waiting until I get home to plan supper. If it's nice, grilled burgers (mine will be a french onion soup one that is stuffed with fried onions and swiss cheese). If it rains, maybe tacos. If they don't want that, maybe I'll make pizza.

Re: What's for "Supper'???? - cjs - 08-14-2008

"maybe tacos." - LORRAINE!!!, you finally have had tacos???? Good on you!

Re: What's for "Supper'???? - Mare749 - 08-14-2008

Eggplant Parm, grilled Italian sausage and a side of spaghetti. One of my favorite meals.

Re: What's for "Supper'???? - Trixxee - 08-14-2008

I was hoping to get over to the Farmer's Market and see what kind of fresh seafood they have but last night my little guy came down with a 102.3 fever and this morning he says his throat hurts. He may not feel well enough to run any errands.

If that's the case, I have everything I need for a chicken/fennel/orange/mashed potatoes w/kalamata olives dish from Cuisine for Two.

Re: What's for "Supper'???? - Gourmet_Mom - 08-14-2008

Aw, Trixxee, I hope the little guy feels better soon.

Re: What's for "Supper'???? - Lorraine - 08-14-2008

""maybe tacos." - LORRAINE!!!, you finally have had tacos???? "

We went to a real Mexican restaurant in Baltimore and had one. Mine will be semi homemade.

Re: What's for "Supper'???? - Trixxee - 08-14-2008

Quote:

Aw, Trixxee, I hope the little guy feels better soon.

Thank you very much. After talking to my sister in law who is a pediatric nurse, it sounds like he could have Hand, Foot & Mouth Disease. Sounds horrible, doesn't it? I don't think there is much the doctor can do antibiotic wise since it's viral but I did just make an appt. for tomorrow morning.