Cuisine at home Forums
Grilled Gyro Kebobs review - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Grilled Gyro Kebobs review (/showthread.php?tid=57325)

Grilled Gyro Kebobs review - Mare749 - 05-18-2008

This was a very pleasant surprise. This meal was so easy to put together, did all the prep ahead of time which took less than 30 minutes. Then, during half-time (watching the Cavs)Ron grilled these to perfection. We thought this recipe was far better than any gyro we have had in a restaurant. The greek salsa and feta-yogurt spread added a nice fresh taste. This will definately become a regular summer meal. I hope everyone tries this one!

Maryann

Re: Grilled Gyro Kebobs review - cjs - 05-19-2008

O.K. page is marked and left out!

Re: Grilled Gyro Kebobs review - Emmasmum - 05-19-2008

I am making these tomorrow actually. Will let you know. I have loved all the "Greek"type things that we have done from C@H. Yummy

Linda

Re: Grilled Gyro Kebobs review - Trixxee - 05-19-2008

I've been wanting to try these. Thanks for the review.

Re: Grilled Gyro Kebobs review - HomeCulinarian - 05-19-2008

I made this a few weeks ago and we really liked it.

Did you use the skewers? I did, and think they didn't help much and would skip using them next time.

Re: Grilled Gyro Kebobs review - Trixxee - 05-19-2008

I think I would skip the skewers too.

Re: Grilled Gyro Kebobs review - cjs - 05-19-2008

good to know.

Re: Grilled Gyro Kebobs review - Mare749 - 05-19-2008

Yes, I did skip the skewers. It just seemed too fussy for me, so I just formed the meat into hotdog shapes and flattened them a bit, so they fit into the pitas nicely.

Maryann

Re: Grilled Gyro Kebobs review - Trixxee - 05-22-2008

Well, I sort of made these last night. I made the sauce and salsa as written, but had to use boneless chicken breasts instead of lamb or ground beef. Absolutely delicious. I just sauteed chicken that I had marinated in EVOO, lemon juice, S&P and oregano and then chopped that up (husband was not home and I don't grill - he does all the grilling). I plan on making it again for lunch.

I'd love to try it with lamb next time.

Re: Grilled Gyro Kebobs review - labradors - 05-22-2008

Quote:

... had to use boneless chicken breasts instead of lamb or ground beef.

So, they were basically Shawarma kebabs instead of Gyro kebabs. Sounds like a great idea for me to try, since I only get lamb very rarely here.