Cuisine at home Forums
Sauteed Chicken w/ Olives, Capers & ROASTED LEMONS - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Sauteed Chicken w/ Olives, Capers & ROASTED LEMONS (/showthread.php?tid=57191)

Sauteed Chicken w/ Olives, Capers & ROASTED LEMONS - SDRecipeGirl - 05-16-2008

Roasted Lemons! Have you ever had them? This was my first experience in roasting them and I just absolutely loved them. This was a terrific dish. If you're into seeing pictures of what the dish looks like and more discussion about it, I devoted a blog post to it here .

Sauteed Chicken with Olives, Capers and Roasted Lemons

¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
2 medium lemons, sliced ¼-inch thick
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Four 6-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
¼ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup pitted green Sicilian or Spanish olives, sliced
2 Tbs drained capers
1 cup chicken stock or low-sodium broth
3 Tbs unsalted butter, cut into small dice
2 Tbs chopped flat-leaf parsley

1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drizzle olive oil on the parchment, then arrange the lemon slices in a single layer. Drizzle the lemons lightly with oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 20 minute, until the lemons begin to brown around the edges.

2. In a deep medium skillet, heat the remaining ¼ cup of oil. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and dust with the flour, shaking off the excess. Cook the chicken over high heat, turning once, until golden, about 6 minutes. Add olives, capers and stock and bring to a boil. Cook over high heat until stock is reduced by about two-thirds, about 5 minutes. Add the roasted lemons, butter and parsley. Season with salt and pepper, and simmer just until the chicken is cooked through, about 1 minute.

3. Transfer the chicken to plates and spoon the sauce on top.

Servings: 4
Cooking Tips
*Great served with rice or roasted potatoes.

Recipe Source
Modified from Food and Wine

Re: Sauteed Chicken w/ Olives, Capers & ROASTED LE - Trixxee - 05-16-2008

Oooohh, that sounds good, easy and inexpensive. I'll have to print this out. Thank you, SD!

Re: Sauteed Chicken w/ Olives, Capers & ROASTED LE - cjs - 05-16-2008

duly copied!!

Re: Sauteed Chicken w/ Olives, Capers & ROASTED LEMONS - Old Bay - 05-16-2008

Looks really good and really easy--goes in the book!

Re: Sauteed Chicken w/ Olives, Capers & ROASTED LE - Harborwitch - 05-16-2008

Looks really good - like this could be dinner tonight - we have lemons, olives, capers, chicken. Thanks for posting.

Re: Sauteed Chicken w/ Olives, Capers & ROASTED LE - Gourmet_Mom - 05-16-2008

Wow! This looks REALLY good! I've done something similar with salmon, but not with roasted lemons...raw. This will change. Copied and saved here too! Thanks for sharing!

Re: Sauteed Chicken w/ Olives, Capers & ROASTED LE - mjkcooking - 05-16-2008

this looks really good! I love lemon -

will be trying soon.

Marye