Cuisine at home Forums
Salmon Stuffed Spinach Ravioli & Lemon Dill Cream - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Salmon Stuffed Spinach Ravioli & Lemon Dill Cream (/showthread.php?tid=57162)

Salmon Stuffed Spinach Ravioli & Lemon Dill Cream - Gourmet_Mom - 05-15-2008

I have a friend with LOTS of dill. He is looking for recipes to use it up. I ran across a recipe from another site for Lemon Dill Cream Sauce that sounded REALLY good. The reason I copied it, I'm sure, is that it was mentioned as a part of a salmon stuffed ravioli. The person requesting the sauce "had the ravioli covered". Unfortunately, I don't...LOL!

I THINK I can do the spinach pasta, I'm just stuck on the stuffing. (Although, if you have a tried and true for the pasta, I'm open. One method, which I've not tried before uses baby food. Sounds interesting, doesn't it? I'll probably go with the pureed spinach method the first time though.)

I've found 2 stuffing recipes: one with ricotta in the stuffing and one with just salmon and sauteed garlic and onion.

Does anyone have something like this?

Re: Salmon Stuffed Spinach Ravioli & Lemon Dill Cr - labradors - 05-15-2008

Quote:

Salmon

Strike one!
Quote:

Spinach

Strike two!
Quote:

Dill

Strike three, yer out!

Definitely NOT making this one, although it does sound like a good combination for someone who would like those items.

Re: Salmon Stuffed Spinach Ravioli & Lemon Dill Cr - Gourmet_Mom - 05-15-2008

Sorry Labs! You and Holly would make good dinner companions...LOL! LJ, said she hates salmon, too! Then you wouldn't be the only one at the table that hated it...LOL!

You like plenty of other things your dinner table would like though! Not to mention, your witty conversation would be a must! You, LJ, and Bill at the same table would make "interesting" conversation. Throw Billy in there, and we'd all need bibs!

ROTFL!

True dat!

Re: Salmon Stuffed Spinach Ravioli & Lemon Dill Cream - Old Bay - 05-15-2008

Sounds wonderful!! Can you work some crisp sauteed cucumber slices into the sauce? Great combo.

Quote:

Sounds wonderful!! Can you work some crisp sauteed cucumber slices into the sauce? Great combo.

Ooh! That would make it FOUR strikes! LOL!

Re: Salmon Stuffed Spinach Ravioli & Lemon Dill Cr - Old Bay - 05-15-2008

How about four home runs---no question mark by the way. Wild salmon of course.

Re: Salmon Stuffed Spinach Ravioli & Lemon Dill Cr - cjs - 05-16-2008

Daphne, you could process some salmon, egg white, heavy cream and seasonings (or minced veggies) and use this as a filling for the ravioli. Is this what you were asking, or did I miss something?

Re: Salmon Stuffed Spinach Ravioli & Lemon Dill Cr - Lorraine - 05-16-2008

" you could process some salmon, egg white, heavy cream and seasonings (or minced veggies) and use this as a filling for the ravioli. "

I've had lobster ravioli done that way, and it fabulous.

Re: Salmon Stuffed Spinach Ravioli & Lemon Dill Cr - labradors - 05-16-2008

Quote:

I've had lobster ravioli done that way, and it fabulous.

Now THAT is something I love. That's an interesting idea: it doesn't take much lobster to make ravioli. Whatever my neighbour finally decides to do with grilling the lobster (from another message thread), I'll have to save a little bit of it and make some ravioli.