Cuisine at home Forums
Hello all, what's been going on? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Hello all, what's been going on? (/showthread.php?tid=57131)

Hello all, what's been going on? - luvnit - 05-15-2008

Gosh I have been so busy lately. Wanted to say hello to everyone and catch up on all the news...

My book hit the 3 major online bookstores and I have been deluged with email (Barnes, Amazon and Borders, even a few of the smaller bookstores). Now things are starting to slow down a bit. Then my computer was down for 4 days slowed me a up a bit more. I seem to be caught up now.

The remodel/renovation should start tomorrow or Monday. I think it will be Monday, who wants to start a job on a Friday! I will find some time to get progress pictures online.

Not much else going on. I will start reading post to get caught up with everyone. Looks like a few new faces on here too. Hope to get to know you all soon.

Re: Hello all, what's been going on? - cjs - 05-15-2008

congratulations, Laura!!! That's wonderful news!

We're all the same, still hangin' around here. I'm in the same remodeling boat as you - we spent yesterday appliance comparing and shopping. We now know what we're going to do and now, I can hardly wait.

Welcome back - there is another dinner review scheduled to be reviewed May 26th - grilled ribs, so you have time to join us. You can cook outside and out of the mess...

Re: Hello all, what's been going on? - Harborwitch - 05-15-2008

I'm glad the book is doing well, sorry about your @#$!&* computer, and it's nice to see you back. You've been missed!

Re: Hello all, what's been going on? - luvnit - 05-15-2008

Yay! I can grill outside for sure, so I should be able to participate.

Hi Jean! How exciting! What are you doin' for your remodel? If you need any consumer report info on appliances let me know. I have a bunch. We joined their online thing.

Re: Hello all, what's been going on? - farnfam - 05-15-2008

Hey Laura, good to see you back. How cool is that, your book selling like hotcakes!!!!
How great for all those kids involved too.
Cis
Empress for Life

Re: Hello all, what's been going on? - Gourmet_Mom - 05-15-2008

I agree Cis! The kids sure will benifit from the great sales! Laura, I am so proud of the work you've done and doing! The parents will be able to "cope" so much better and help those kids have a much more productive life! Good for you!!!!!

Oh, forgot...I lost my brother (55) a couple weeks ago, YS is graduating next Friday, had to get a new car, SCHOOL'S ALMOST OUT! I think that's about all the big news.

Re: Hello all, what's been going on? - firechef - 05-16-2008

I am just trying to figure out if it is worth it driving like I am to be a cog in a corporate wheel...have an interview coming up closer to the Minnesota boarder and closer to friends and family (read new house if I get it) not sure as they just started their search and I was the first candidate contacted...I didn't contact them, they contacted me.

Still waiting for final loan approval for a new car for Holly as the van is about dead. Work is awful and getting worse almost daily. I was hired for one thing and now that I am there I have been sent to places as far away as 6 hours one way and am being assigned to a place over two hours away and at a lower level of management and for less money than I was "hired at." Gotta love a lack luster economy.

Re: Hello all, what's been going on? - pjcooks - 05-16-2008

Daphne, I'm very sorry about the loss of your brother, I must have missed that along the way. My condolences to your family, what a sad thing.

Hi, Laura, welcome back! Congrats on the book sales! I'd be eager to start the remodel, too, with a stove like that waiting for me.

Hang in there, LJ, I know it sucks right now. Here's hoping the new prospect works out for you, my fingers are crossed.

PJ

Re: Hello all, what's been going on? - Lorraine - 05-16-2008

Good to see you, Erin, and congrats on the book sale!

Re: Hello all, what's been going on? - Gourmet_Mom - 05-16-2008

Thanks PJ, I didn't post this on the board, as it was a very tragic situation and very difficult to deal with at the time.