Cuisine at home Forums
Potato Chips with Chevre, etc. Revisited - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Potato Chips with Chevre, etc. Revisited (/showthread.php?tid=56732)

Potato Chips with Chevre, etc. Revisited - cjs - 05-08-2008

O.K. last night was the 'unveiling' of this hors for a party. Instead of schmearing the goat cheese on the tato chip, I thinned it with a little milk to be able to pipe it and what a difference! I used a fairly small star tip, sprinkled with the bacon and dobbed just a little of the pepper jelly, arranged them on a platter and sprinkled the chopped chives over all - it was just beautiful and really tasty!!

For the jelly, I found a "Four Monks Jalapeno jelly" medium heat - just perfect!

Potato Chips with Chevre, Pepper Jelly & Bacon

Serves 12
"F&W's Grace Parisi loves using extra-crispy, thick-cut potato chips as the base for quick hors d'oeuvres. Here she tops the chips with creamy goat cheese, sweet-spicy pepper jelly and smoky bacon."

6 oz. sliced bacon
36 thick-cut potato chips (I made my chips from Russets)
5 oz. fresh goat cheese, softened
3 T. sweet red pepper jelly (I used 7-pepper jelly)
1 T. snipped chives

Cook the sliced bacon till crisp; drain, cool and crumble.

Arrange the chips on a serving platter. spread or pipe 1 tsp. of the goat cheese onto each potato chip. Top with a small dollop of the pepper jelly, sprinkle with the bacon and chives and serve right away.

Re: Potato Chips with Chevre, etc. Revisited - Lorraine - 05-08-2008

Sounds great, Jean. Two questions. Did you deep fry or bake the chips? Did you serve them at room temp? Thx!

Re: Potato Chips with Chevre, etc. Revisited - cjs - 05-08-2008

I deep fried them for the party, but I'm going to play with baking them this weekend. Yes, served at room temp. darn, I wish I'd gotten a picture.

Re: Potato Chips with Chevre, etc. Revisited - Lorraine - 05-08-2008

Thanks! Might be this weekend's project!