Cuisine at home Forums
What's Happenin' - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's Happenin' (/showthread.php?tid=53186)

What's Happenin' - bjcotton - 03-23-2008

I finally arrived home in Roseburg today. After several ultra-sounds via a tube shoved down my throat and on into my small intestine to see what's happenin'; two attempts to go down my throat with an instrument, on into my bile duct to remove gall stones; several trips to the emergency room for pancreatitis attacks they've sent me home. On April 2nd I must return to Portland VA for an interview with the anestheiologist in preparation for surgery on April 10th. They will go in with approximately a 4-inch slit in my stomach area, take out my gall bladder, cut a small hole in my bile duct and remove the gall stones. After this, they tell me I will spend 7-10 days in the hospital for recovery.

What I have to cheer me up is on March 30th, a Sunday, I will go in and pick out my new gas stove which is to be delivered on March 31st. On April 1st, the plumber will arrive to hook up the stove and shortly after he finishes I will depart for Portland without a chance to even use it. It will be at least two weeks before I return and have a chance to fire it up. Oh well, life is a [censored] and then you die . I do get to spend quite a lot of time with my two remaining sisters which makes up for the frustration.

Re: What's Happenin' - Gourmet_Mom - 03-23-2008

First, I want to know what you're going to do for the next two weeks! I don't know what the weather is like there, but we've got spring coming here! I can't wait to tell you about the garden. We will be planting around the 4th, so by the time you get home, I may even have some shoots coming up! I'm going to take pictures...hopefully the pics AND the garden will turn out better this year...LOL!

Billy, I know it's frustrating! But you no noone will DARE touch that stove until you get home! AND...that will give you something to look forward to when you get home! You'll get to fire that thing up and cook up a storm!

Now you just be thinking on getting well and what you'll cook on that thing when you get home! Also know, you will be in our thoughts and prayers from now till then.

Re: What's Happenin' - esgunn - 03-23-2008

Oh Billy, You know we are thinking of you and praying for you. Things just are not the same without all your comments and help around here. I sure hope they have internet in that place. What will we do with out you - and you without us for 7 to 10 day! My oh My. You hang in there. No body will use your new stove with out you. What a thing to look forward to your homecoming and getting well, so you can begin to cook again.

I hope for some really good visiting with your family over the next couple of weeks. This is when you need them - and make sure you are asking for all you need - this is not the time to be taking care of others - as you usually do. Let others do for you - sit back and accept it.
We love you.

Re: What's Happenin' - labradors - 03-23-2008

Thanks for the update. Get better and stay well. We're praying for you.

Re: What's Happenin' - luvnit - 03-23-2008

Hope this does it for you for a while. You have been through so much lately and worry us all silly! Keep your chin up Billy. At the end of this you will have a wonderful stove waiting for your talents.

Thanks for the update.

Re: What's Happenin' - cjs - 03-23-2008

Patience, Billy J....

Re: What's Happenin' - Mare749 - 03-23-2008

Quote:

Patience, Billy J....

My mom used to say that when I was a kid, since I was the one that was born with the least amount of it, so I share your frustration, Billy. You are probably ready to just get this over with by now. I don't know much about medical stuff, but does this mean you will eventually enjoy eating again? Or will you be on a restricted diet?

Take good care and I'll keep you in my prayers.

Maryann

Re: What's Happenin' - Roxanne 21 - 03-23-2008

Now look at all of this time that you can think about what your very FIRST dinner will be on your new stove!!!!

We will wait anxiously to hear what that will be!!!

Your diet won't change that much except for lowering your intake of "fatty" foods----which you should be doing anyway!! Off my band-wagon----Peter went through this about 10 years ago---he is the same old guy I married!!! BUT---he was home in 2 days

ALL of us wish you the bestest, sweetie-----you have a whole/entire week to entertain us!!! WELL>>>>>>>

Re: What's Happenin' - firechef - 03-23-2008

Where is that entertainment that Roxanne talked about? I am thinking a Fred Astaire inspired routine based on "Singing in the Rain" or maybe an OLD soft shoe or tap routine in the spirit of Sammy Davis, Jr.? Your choice...

I'll check in latter to see how the entertainment is coming along.

Keep keeping us posted my friend. You know we will all be here for you throughout everything.

Re: What's Happenin' - bjcotton - 03-25-2008

Well, LJ, I often find myself slipping into an old softshoe routine, especially in my dreams, but occasionally when I'm awake.

Goodness gracious, would you look at the time? I must be off to beddy bye!