Cuisine at home Forums
OT-Weather - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: OT-Weather (/showthread.php?tid=51604)

OT-Weather - Gourmet_Mom - 03-04-2008

We're blowing hard here! Praying for no tornadoes. The wind is fierce! I hope everyone else is OK!

Re: OT-Weather - pjcooks - 03-04-2008

You have my prayers, we're expecting that same wind tomorrow. Stay safe.

PJ

Re: OT-Weather - Gourmet_Mom - 03-04-2008

Good luck PJ! I hate when this stuff hits at night! Scary!

Internet is in and out....that means it's bad. We have underground lines except to the house. It's really roaring like a level one hurricane! Shoot! Satellite is working at the moment and there's a tornado NE of here! Luckily it's moving NE. GEEZ! Hold onto your hats everybody to my north...this thing is gonna move some real estate around...especially the beach areas!

Re: OT-Weather - DFen911 - 03-04-2008

Ack keep us posted when you can and stay safe!

Re: OT-Weather - Gourmet_Mom - 03-05-2008

We're good for another couple hours, but expecting a bad blow at about 2. NE of here is getting their butt kicked! NO confirmed on the ground, but dangerous weather. The worst stuff is not due here for a few more hours. I'll be lucky if I sleep! I hate night time storms!

Re: OT-Weather - HomeCulinarian - 03-05-2008

After near 70's on Sunday, we have sleet and snow and blowing snow here on the prairie. The rural schools closed early today. Teenage daughter is hoping for the city schools to also close tomorrow... Our weather is not nearly as bad as you're dealing with, though. Stay safe!

Re: OT-Weather - firechef - 03-05-2008

We're expecting more snow this week. Between midnight tonight and midnight Thursday into Friday we are expecting about half a foot. We did the 60 to snow and ice weather change on Sunday afternoon. One minute it was sunny and warm with the sump pump pumping out a flooding basement and in about two hours time we went from rain and a south wind to 6 inches of mostly ice and a north wind...next week is the first week they are talking thunderstorms even though we have had a couple of rumbles and flashes during our latest storms...

Keep your head down Mom...we'll get ours soon enough.....

Re: OT-Weather - Lorraine - 03-05-2008

Stay safe! We had snow, rain, freezing rain and ice pellets all night. Took us almost two hours to get to work.

Re: OT-Weather - cjs - 03-05-2008

It just never seems to end this year, does it? Stay safe you all.

Re: OT-Weather - luvnit - 03-05-2008

What a bummer Daphne! Let us know how this all turns out. Sounds very scary. We have tornadoes here too, but not too often and not in the winter.

Take care and stay safe.