Cuisine at home Forums
Catering Job Costing Me $$$$$$ - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Catering Job Costing Me $$$$$$ (/showthread.php?tid=51391)

Catering Job Costing Me $$$$$$ - cjs - 03-03-2008

I think I'm going to do another 'do' at Camaraderie winery the 14th of this month. A release party for ~100 over a 4 hour time.

My FoodSaver has just given up the ghost, so ordered a new one online Saturday..... Would not even try to do this gig without that machine!! Got the model V2860 - and it had better be the new model of the professional that I've had for years!!

Re: Catering Job Costing Me $$$$$$ - Mare749 - 03-03-2008

I just have to get one of those. It's going on my wish list right now. In fact, it's going to be one of the first things I buy once I go back to work.

Re: Catering Job Costing Me $$$$$$ - luvnit - 03-03-2008

So sorry to hear about your Foodsaver. That's always terrible when a favorite appliance kicks the bucket! I have had a favorite stick blender for 20+ years that is making funny noises these days. They don't even make it anymore and and ones they have in the stores are more like toys, with a lot less power than I have. I will be disappointed when that one goes too.

I like my Reynolds hand-held suck the air out of the baggie thing, but it does not even compare to the Foodsaver. I am still yearning for one of those too. Guess we can't have it all. Right? Maybe someday.

Let us know how you like your new machine. Give us a review. Good luck with your event too! That sounds like fun. Take pictures!

Re: Catering Job Costing Me $$$$$$ - cjs - 03-03-2008

I will try it as soon as it gets here and will review it.

Re: Catering Job Costing Me $$$$$$ - Dismc - 03-03-2008

Jean, I hope you love the V2860 as much as I do. It has every convenience feature I need and is the best one I've had. Especially love that you can pulse the air out for delicate items.

Well then, sounds like I chose the correct replacement machine.

Re: Catering Job Costing Me $$$$$$ - Mare749 - 03-03-2008

So, what's on the menu so far???

I sent her some ideas, but she hasn't gotten back to me yet. Depends on what they decide they will need whether I'll take or not.

Re: Catering Job Costing Me $$$$$$ - DFen911 - 03-03-2008

Well at least tell us your suggestions. I'm dying to know what you recommended

Well, here's a few -
of course the ubiquitous wraps.
Pepperoni Cheese Wheel - Mix of pepperoni, crm. cheese and moz. formed in a wheel & rolled in paprika.
Roasted Red Bell Pepper & Basil Mousse

Italian Sausage (mini-balls), tortellini and Roasted Red peppers in a spicy marinara sauce.
Miniature ribs (or chunks)in Spicy Asian Sauce
Cranberry-Sauced Meatballs
Mini-Zucc quiches
and fill ins - (easy do ahead/plating goodies)
Sesame Eggplant Salsa
Fennel & Onion Confit
Olive, Anchovy & Caper Tapenade
Cream cheese logs with different hot/spicy jellys

They had the gorgonzola & Brie Torte at the last do an want it again.

For that amount of folks over the 4 hour time period, it really has to be easy things for me to be able to handle without renting cambros for heat & cold. Plus I only have one large freezer now, so can't do labor intensive goodies ahead of time and freeze anymore - which really puts a damper on things I can handle. It's a b*tch to get old and begin to realize I can't do the things I did as a 50 years old....