Cuisine at home Forums
Marinated Pork Tenderloin - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Marinated Pork Tenderloin (/showthread.php?tid=50298)

Marinated Pork Tenderloin - cjs - 02-21-2008

Had this last night and what a nice flavor. Served with some fried rice. I sauteed mine, not broiled.

* Exported from MasterCook *

MARINATED PORK TENDERLOIN WITH VEGGIES WW
Serving Size : 6

2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons dry sherry
2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
2 garlic clove -- minced
1 teaspoon ginger root -- minced
1 1/2 pounds lean pork tenderloin -- thinly sliced
1 tablespoon olive oil -- or vegetable oil
1 cup mushrooms
1 cup scallion -- sliced
1 cup carrots -- shredded
1 teaspoon cornstarch -- or Mochiko

Combine first 7 ingred. (teriyaki thru ginger root)
Add pork & turn to coat to marinade.
Cover & refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnite.

Preheat broiler. Arrange pork on rack on broiling pan; reserving marinade.
Broil till done to taste, ~5 min. on each side.

While pork is broiling, prepare veggies.
In 1-qt. saucepan heat oil, add mushrooms, scallions, & carrots & cook over med-hi heat, stirring occas. till mushrooms are lightly browned, ~5 min.

Add cornstarch to reserved marinade, stirring to dissolve; stir into veggie mixture. Bring mix to a boil; reduce heat to low & let simmer for 2 min.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Re: Marinated Pork Tenderloin - Gourmet_Mom - 02-21-2008

Looks good Jean! I'm always looking for something different for pork. I'll have to give this one a try soon. Anything that goes with fried rice will be a winner here! Do I assume the WW in the title implies Weight Watchers?

Re: Marinated Pork Tenderloin - firechef - 02-21-2008

Looks very familiar Jean...I know you didn't post it here but am I running into repeats of your recipes after 3 years?

Copied for later use just the same...

Daphne have you ever talked to my "sister" about WW?

Re: Marinated Pork Tenderloin - cjs - 02-21-2008

LJ, are you insinuating I'm so old I'm beginning to repeat myself? Oh surely, not...

Oh Jean....I don't know if you're ever gonna live that one down...LOL! Speaking of...what do the letters CRS actually stand for anyway? I know I've got it, I just need to be able to explain to others what it is so they believe me when I say I've got a legitimate excuse for certain behaviours that seem to be occuring with alarming regularity lately!

LJ...Yea, I discussed this briefly with your "sis" a while back. Speaking of your "sis"...I think she's working WAY too hard.

Re: Marinated Pork Tenderloin - pjcooks - 02-21-2008

Hi, Daphne,

CRS is Can't Remember...well, Stuff. I had to ask, too!

Jean, this recipe is so familiar to me, if you didn't post this one previously, the one I got from you was close! (And it was good)

PJ

LOL! Thanks PJ! The minute I saw it, I remembered. OMG! I just KNEW I'd seen that somewhere! Kinda bad when you can't remember what the acronym for Can't Remember "Shtuff" stands for...I've got it BAD!

Re: Marinated Pork Tenderloin - bjcotton - 02-21-2008

Oh you guys Be careful, CRS is catching...I drove to Portland and back without my wallet, had to have my sis give me gas money....I'd put it where I wouldn't forget it too!

Re: Marinated Pork Tenderloin - cjs - 02-22-2008

geez, what a flakey group we are...

Re: Marinated Pork Tenderloin - firechef - 02-22-2008

Don't feel bad Billy I have done that too.

No Jean I am not saying anything...I did say I thought I had seen it somewhere else I did not say YOU had posted it (of course if I saw it you must of posted it) so that is fine...I actually forgot to save the recipe AFTER I may or may not have picked on you.

I think we resemble that flakey group comment...