Cuisine at home Forums
Looking For Recipe Like a Dingbat - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Looking For Recipe Like a Dingbat (/showthread.php?tid=46928)

Looking For Recipe Like a Dingbat - Flarn - 01-11-2008

Hi all. I just registered. I've been getting Cuisine At Home for almost two years. Love it. I am a BIG foodie. Anyhoo, stupid me lost an issue with a recipe that I like. It was in an issue about a year ago, I guess. It's for a pork tenderloin, sliced in 1" thick pieces, each one wrapped in bacon with a light sauce made with shallots and apple cider. Does anybody have that recipe? Much appreciation for the help.

Re: Looking For Recipe Like a Dingbat - TwilightKitten - 01-11-2008

Is this the one?

Bacon-cider Pork
(Weeknight Menus, p. 30-31)

Makes: 8 Steaks Total Time: 1 Hour including Sweet Potatoes Rating: Easy

Trim, Cut, and Season:
1 pork tenderloin (1 1/2-2 lb.)

Wrap; Saute in 1 T. Olive Oil:
8 strips thin-sliced bacon

Saute; Deglaze; Season:
1/4 cup shallots, minced
1/2 cup apple cider or juice
2 T. unsalted cold butter, sliced
Salt and pepper to taste

Trim tenderloin of fat and silverskin and cut into steaks (about 1 1/2" thick). Season with salt and pepper.

Wrap each steak with a strip of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Heat oil in a large ovenproof saute pan over medium-high and saute pork 5 minutes per side, or until browned. Tip the steaks on their edges to brown the bacon, rolling them as they brown, about 3 minutes total. Cover and finish cooking to an internal temperature of 145°, about 5 minutes. Remove pork and keep warm; pour off all but 1 T. drippings.

Saute shallots for 2 minutes in the same pan, stirring constantly. Deglaze with cider, scraping up the brown bits and simmer 2 minutes. Then add butter, swirling until melted. Return pork to pan along with any accumulated juices and season sauce with salt and pepper.

Re: Looking For Recipe Like a Dingbat - Harborwitch - 01-11-2008

Jeeze that sounds good! I may just have to make that this weekend.

Oh, welcome to the forum! You've stumbled on a crew of like minded foodies!

Re: Looking For Recipe Like a Dingbat - smschwag - 01-11-2008

That recipe sounds great! I'll have to try that soon.
Welcome to the Board, flarn! Come back often. You'll love it here. Just the place for foodies.

Re: Looking For Recipe Like a Dingbat - Flarn - 01-11-2008

That's it, T-Kitty! Thanks so much, I just don't know what the heck I did with that issue. I also lost the first one I got, the one with the 4 paninis in it.

Re: Looking For Recipe Like a Dingbat - labradors - 01-11-2008

Welcome to the forum, Flarn. Now that you know it's here, be sure to come back and enjoy other discussions.

Re: Looking For Recipe Like a Dingbat - pjcooks - 01-11-2008

Welcome, Flarn, and hi, Tammy!

I tried this a while back. It was pretty good, the only suggestion I would make is to parcook your bacon a bit, it's what I always do when wrapping anything, so the bacon gets crisp.

Come join us often!

PJ

Re: Looking For Recipe Like a Dingbat - Gourmet_Mom - 01-11-2008

Welcome Flarn!

That does sound good. I'm hoping loins go on sale soon. I want to do the stuffed Italian sausage thing again. I would only need half the loin for that, so I could do the steaks with the other half! Thanks!

Re: Looking For Recipe Like a Dingbat - HomeCulinarian - 01-11-2008

Welcome, Flarn.

I've made this recipe several times... we cut the amount of butter in the sauce to 1 T, it is still plenty rich and saves a few fat calories!

Re: Looking For Recipe Like a Dingbat - lxxf - 01-11-2008

Welcome, sorry I can't help you, I don't cook dingbat!

Sally