Cuisine at home Forums
We're Going On An Adventure Too! - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: We're Going On An Adventure Too! (/showthread.php?tid=46087)

We're Going On An Adventure Too! - cjs - 01-03-2008

...but not as far as Sharon! My friend, Coleenie & her husband are here for a few days (we met and became almost instant best friends 33 years ago working at a travel agency) of fun and catching up.

We're taking the ferry over to Victoria this a.m. and spending the night and we'll come home tomorrow afternoon. Torn between going back to the Wild Saffron, food was wonderful, and exploring a new place...decisions, decisions.

Have a great couple of days and see ya all later.

Re: We're Going On An Adventure Too! - HomeCulinarian - 01-03-2008

Sounds like a nice litte treat. Have a good time!

Re: We're Going On An Adventure Too! - mlucas1 - 01-03-2008

Have fun!!

Re: We're Going On An Adventure Too! - pink_eagle - 01-03-2008

have a great time in Victoria--it is a beautiful place. I have noticed several people in forum from Washington state here--funny that I moved from there to sunny Florida--it was about 29 here in Tampa this a.m.--I think a record low for this time of year--worried about my tropical plants right now but more worried about our beautiful crop of winter strawberries in Plant City which is about a 20 minute drive from here. Make sure to let us know what you did in Victoria--Emperes Hotel (sp?).

Re: We're Going On An Adventure Too! - Harborwitch - 01-03-2008

Oh Jean have fun! That's someplace I'm hoping to go eventually. I know Bob would love it too! Travel safely and come home and tell us all about it!

Re: We're Going On An Adventure Too! - esgunn - 01-03-2008

I remember hearing on the late news last night that Tampa was colder than we were! Hope those berries are ok.

Re: We're Going On An Adventure Too! - luvnit - 01-03-2008

Have a great time! Tell us about what you decided for dinner when you return.

Re: We're Going On An Adventure Too! - Lorraine - 01-03-2008

You've probably already left, but have a great time!!!! High tea at The empress is fun!!! Check out Chinatown if you get a chance. Or have a glass of port (any port in a storm!!!) in their library.

Re: We're Going On An Adventure Too! - Corinne - 01-03-2008

From what I heard on the news, the berries are not ok though the farmers are trying to freeze the plants with water.

I used to be a Travel Agent too, but now I'm a substitute teacher.

I can't see all the posts when I'm replying (?). I was answering to cj..I believe. Sorry.

edit - yes, it is cjs who is traveling. Have a great time. It sounds like fun.

Re: We're Going On An Adventure Too! - pjcooks - 01-03-2008

I hope you're having a wonderful time! You and Roy are like my folks, they were always busy busy busy but now that they've retired, they're busier than ever!

Have fun!

PJ