Cuisine at home Forums
My Pork Wellington - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: My Pork Wellington (/showthread.php?tid=44369)

My Pork Wellington - DFen911 - 12-08-2007

Ok I had to make this it just sounded yummy. However I had to make some changes.

I did everything as directed. Be sure to season your pork well or it will lack flavor. I also took 2 medium yukon gold potatoes peeled and sliced them about 1/4 inch thick. These I then simmered in about 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth (low sodium) that was seasoned with thyme and rubbed sage till tender but not over soft.

Mine were assembled as followed -

Puff pastry
Prosciutto
potato slice
spinach
pork
gorgonzola cheese

Wrapped it up and baked as directed. They were delicious!! I did the mushroom sauce that was just wonderful.

These came out so good I'm putting them on my menu. I can't wait to do them with beef.

So this recipe gets 4 thumbs up, mine and hubbys

Re: My Pork Wellington - mjkcooking - 12-09-2007

HI do you think I could leave out the Spinach - not so much a fan

of it. Love the potatoe Idea.

Marye

Re: My Pork Wellington - Roxanne 21 - 12-09-2007

DENISE!!!!!!! You are not supposed to review a recipe UNTIL the review date!!!!!! (Which is Dec 17---!!!)

Oh----forgot---you're new here---TEN LASHES with a wet noodle, girl!!

I thought you mentioned something about lactose intolerance--I have been racking the old brain here for a sub and you used gorgonzola somewhere....I'm confused. Good idea for the potatoes---I have never heard of that but I'm going to use Boursin. Thanks for the thumbs up--this is on for next week and my review will be on DECEMBER 17----

Re: My Pork Wellington - cjs - 12-09-2007

Fifty lashes, Denise - someone get out the wet noodle...

Re: My Pork Wellington - DFen911 - 12-09-2007

I couldn't wait! I have to do these recipes on the weekends. The more I read it the more excited I got to try it

MJK I'm sure you could omit it. It's just there for flavor. I would try and substitute it for another green, kale maybe. It's so beautiful when you cut in half and pour the mushroom sauce in between.

Roxanne, yeah it's me that's becoming that way. But since it was only about a teaspoon it didn't bother me. I used the gorgonzola because of it's flavor.

Now as for the wet noodle...pasta for our next review?

Re: My Pork Wellington - cjs - 12-09-2007

We know how it is, Denise - sometimes I have to sit on a darn review for two weeks!! It's maddening.

Re: My Pork Wellington - bjcotton - 12-09-2007

Well, if it were up to me, I'd review them whenever I made them. That would give the others ideas for future uses of the recipe. AND ya know I have trouble keeping my mouth shut anyway

Re: My Pork Wellington - DFen911 - 12-09-2007

Thank you Billy...yeah..that's..um..exactly what I was thinking of.

Re: My Pork Wellington - bjcotton - 12-09-2007

You probably remember Jean hollering at me for posting my reviews early too but I forgave her, she's getting a bit long in the tooth, bless her heart!

Re: My Pork Wellington - luvnit - 12-10-2007

I am glad I read your review. I just made my Pork Wellington last night. I made sure I seasoned the meat very well before I seared it. It turned out beautifully. I can't find my camera, so I didn't get a photo.

Not that I would post it right now. Since I am not reviewing this dish until the 17th. Right?!?!?