Cuisine at home Forums
October's Cookbook - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: October's Cookbook (/showthread.php?tid=39898)

October's Cookbook - cjs - 10-02-2007

I finally narrowed the choice down to two books. Between the tomatoes in my garden still ripening and being able to get great flavored ones in the markets, the choice was between Joanne Weir's "You Say Tomato" and Lois Landau & Laura Myers' Too Many Tomatoes, Squash, Beans, And Other GoodThings"

I'm going with Weir's book - I've gotten ideas from this one over the years, but have never made a recipe from it. Some good lookin' ones here. Anyone else out there have this book?

Re: October's Cookbook - Lorraine - 10-02-2007

Sounds like a good choice, Jean. I don't have any of her cookbooks, but I do get her show on PBS and really enjoy it!

I changed my mind, I'm going with "Noodles Galore" by Merry White. Noodle dishes from all around the world, some look really interesting, even though I can't pronounce them.

Re: October's Cookbook - cjs - 10-02-2007

Oh my, I'll have to go look for that one....

Re: October's Cookbook - Roxanne 21 - 10-02-2007

Does that mean I have to choose another BOOK???? I'll check it out---too many to choose from!!! HMMM---maybe a James Martin----he's a cutie!!!

Re: October's Cookbook - cjs - 10-02-2007

No Roxanne, don't feel pressured - if it's fun, do it, otherwise wait a while. You're younger than I so you have lots of time to cook from all these books...

Re: October's Cookbook - Lorraine - 10-03-2007

I think I may have to rethink this one. The one person in the house that will eat my experiments has been seconded back to Copenhagen to work until Christmas. The other person's idea of noodles is either spaghetti with meat sauce or lasagna with meat sauce, no variations. Hopefully, I'll be able to scale down the recipes and make them for my lunches.

Re: October's Cookbook - Roxanne 21 - 10-03-2007

NOT that much younger, Sweetie!!! (but I will enjoy that moment!!!)

NO PRESSURE!!!!! WHICH ONE SHOULD I GET TO NEXT!!!!!! %*%*&^%^$@#$ I will have a revelation---SOON!!!! I just know it!!!!

Re: October's Cookbook - cjs - 10-03-2007

(hey folks, Rox is off her meds again....)

Re: October's Cookbook - Roxanne 21 - 10-04-2007

GEESH----give a gal a BREAK!!!!

Re: October's Cookbook - Harborwitch - 10-04-2007

I can't make up my mind so many of mine are ethnic, and I'm not sure we could stick to one for that long. But since there's been a dearth of Mexican lately I'm thinking of Rick Bayless' Mexican Kitchen. It's been a while - and about time to play with our favorites again.