Cuisine at home Forums
whats for dinner? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: whats for dinner? (/showthread.php?tid=34419)

whats for dinner? - chrissy01 - 06-14-2007

I have boneless skinless chicken thighs, rice, green peppers, tomatoes, green beans, brussel sprouts, onion, garlic, carrots, celery, and peas. What could anyone suggest I make? It doesn't necessarily have to include all of these ingredients.

Re: whats for dinner? - craving - 06-14-2007

chicken chili?

Re: whats for dinner? - MUSICMAKER - 06-14-2007

Welcome to the club!

How about stir fry?

Re: whats for dinner? - chrissy01 - 06-14-2007

Thanks

Re: whats for dinner? - HomeCulinarian - 06-14-2007

You have almost everything for Chicken Thighs with Ratatouille from Weeknight Dinners. I'm not at my home computer with access to the recipe, but it's basically vegetables - tomatoes, eggplant, peppers, onion, zucchinis tossed in a mixture of balsamic, herbs & garlic. Then toss the chicken thighs in the same mixture. Put chicken pieces at one end of a baking sheet and the vegetables at the other. Bake in a hot oven for about 45 minutes. Serve with polenta and sprinkled with goat cheese.

It's easy and one of our favorites!

Re: whats for dinner? - bjcotton - 06-14-2007

Do you have rice and cream of mushroom soup? You could make a casserole...easy. Brown thighs; spread 1+ cups of long-grain rice in the bottom of a 9- X 13-inch baking dish; mix 2 cans of crm of mushroom soup and 1+ cup of milk; stir soup mixture into the rice; place browned chicken on top and bake at ~350°F for ~45 minutes; check doness of chicken and rice. If to your liking, remove and serve with a green salad.

Re: whats for dinner? - cjs - 06-15-2007

So, What was for dinner, Chrissy??

Re: whats for dinner? - chrissy01 - 06-15-2007

By the time I got home I wasn't able to check online for the suggestions so i ended up making an artichoke, mushroom white wine sauce and simmering the chicken thighs. I added rice because it was a bit saucy and added green beans on the side. It was quite good.

Thanks for the suggestions and the warm welcome