Cuisine at home Forums
Father's Day Is Coming!! - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Father's Day Is Coming!! (/showthread.php?tid=34274)

Father's Day Is Coming!! - cjs - 06-12-2007

What's everyone going to do for good old dad? We talked a little last nite about it, poor Roy, when I ask him what he wants he just gets this helpless look on his face and says there's too many dishes to choose 'tween!!

So, other than a T-Bone, I'm on my own to find something for him to enjoy. Maryann just found the dessert we'll have - Lemon Cheesecake souffles.

I think I'll look for a couple of threads we've had over the last few months of salads/sides that we like....

Re: Father's Day Is Coming!! - bjcotton - 06-12-2007

If the humidity is low when I get back to Portland it's ....uh, forgot the name...oh yeah, Pavlova! Better make two, one for me and the other for the....others

Re: Father's Day Is Coming!! - Roxanne 21 - 06-12-2007

Looking for some inspiration here, guys!!! HELP!!!!

UMMM___Pavlova is a start--------

Re: Father's Day Is Coming!! - HomeCulinarian - 06-12-2007

I usually make the same dinner every year for my husband. It's not fancy, but it's what he likes. Isn't that what it's all about?

The menu is marinaded & grilled chicken pieces (recipe from my OLD Weber booklet), red skin potato salad, and grilled veges.

Except this year, we'll be traveling on Father's Day so I'll have to make it for him when we get home.

Re: Father's Day Is Coming!! - bjcotton - 06-12-2007

I just received two recipes from PJ, Death By Chocolate and Bull's Eye Cheesecake. I'll just have to make 'em I guess. I like making cakes and I can try out my new belts that go around the cake pans...Thanks PJ, you're a pal!

Re: Father's Day Is Coming!! - pjcooks - 06-12-2007

My pleasure, Grand Pooh Bah!!

PJ

Re: Father's Day Is Coming!! - farnfam - 06-12-2007

I'm afraid this won't be very inspiring. When I asked James what he'd like, quoting Jean's "other than the old T-bone" his eyes lit up and he said "Mmmmm grilled steak would be great" so I guess that's it
Thinking of making that warm German potato salad and the spinach, strawberries,walnuts and goranzola with the grapefruit dressing, he loves that too.
For dessert I'll snuggle him teehee
Cis

Re: Father's Day Is Coming!! - SDRecipeGirl - 06-12-2007

I actually have this holiday "off" from cooking. My DH is out of town through next week on a looooooong business trip!! We'll have to celebrate when he returns. My own father died a few years ago so it will just be a quiet day at the pool with my son

Re: Father's Day Is Coming!! - cjs - 06-13-2007

"I just received two recipes from PJ, Death By Chocolate and Bull's Eye Cheesecake." Excuse me?????? These were sent privately??????

Re: Father's Day Is Coming!! - Mare749 - 06-13-2007

I was thinking the same thing!!!

Maryann