Cuisine at home Forums
Speaking of recipes from past issues..... - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Speaking of recipes from past issues..... (/showthread.php?tid=30720)

Speaking of recipes from past issues..... - mlucas1 - 04-06-2007

I am going to make the Lemon Bars from issue 49 for Easter. I seem to remember the last time I made them that the filling didn't really set fully and I ended up with a (delicious) lemon mess! Did anyone else have a similar experience? Have you figured out how to make it less messy? Was it just me?

Re: Speaking of recipes from past issues..... - cjs - 04-06-2007

hmmmm, will have to go look at this recipe - compare it to my favorite...but, I have not made the C@H one.

Re: Speaking of recipes from past issues..... - Roxanne 21 - 04-06-2007

I made these--LOVE lemon--and followed the recipe. No problem here. I will review the recipe as well and see if I can determine why you made a "lemony mess"----

Back later!! That was a great recipe, BTW.

And what is your favorite recipe, Jean??? C'mon--share it--PRETTY PLEASE?????

what the heck am I talking about...I'm not home, recipe's at home...we'll have to rely on those who have tried this one. But, it doesn't look off to me. But, I'm no baker!!

NO excuse---CHEF!!!!

I jumped the gun a little on this one---I have not made these bars--I was going with the lemon bites---sorry.

I reviewed the recipe and the only thing I can think of is maybe a little addition of cornstarch or arrowroot to the filling mixture. I will have to try this one---don't know how I missed it, looks good!!

Re: Speaking of recipes from past issues..... - bjcotton - 04-06-2007

If you had all your recipes on the computer [like I do] Jean dear, you'd never leave them at home. Bless your heart

I be workin' on it, but keep in mind I've been cooking since I was 15...you do the math and the numbers. (Crap, I never thot of how many years worth of recipes that must be! )