Cuisine at home Forums
Message from Billy - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Message from Billy (/showthread.php?tid=29943)

Message from Billy - Mare749 - 03-14-2007

He switched from DSL to wireless and it's not working right. He'll be back to visit with us after Thursday when they go back to Portland.

Maryann

Re: Message from Billy - Half_Baked - 03-14-2007

That's good news. I would love to have wireless.

Re: Message from Billy - Mare749 - 03-14-2007

I would to, but he's been having trouble with it which is why he's not posting much lately.

Re: Message from Billy - bjcotton - 03-14-2007

It's fixed! The guy from the wireless company missed adding some information to the program on my computer. That's why it wouldn't work. The guy that built my new computer came out and fixed it.

I actually came out ahead by switching to wireless, about $8 under what the DSL was costing me, plus it's so much faster....well, so is my new computer over the old one.

Re: Message from Billy - Mare749 - 03-14-2007

That's great news! Now, I want it!

Re: Message from Billy - cjs - 03-15-2007

great Billy, all's well that ends.....

Re: Message from Billy - bjcotton - 03-16-2007

Search around the local wireless companies Maryann. They generally have several specials a year. This one, if I paid 3 months in advance there was no installation charge which is usually around $100.

Re: Message from Billy - Harborwitch - 03-16-2007

Glad to see you back up and running Sweetie! Missed you!

We're going to have to give up our satellite internet when we move - I don't have any idea what we're going to get - most likely we'll be without for a few days - or I'll steal, I mean liberate, Bob's laptop. Withdrawl will be horrible!

Re: Message from Billy - Mare749 - 03-16-2007

Oh, I'll definately be shopping around, Billy. It's ridiculous what we're paying for cable TV and DSL. Now they want us to tie our phone line into it too. I'm not going for it though.

Maryann

Re: Message from Billy - bjcotton - 03-16-2007

My sister, Marilee, has Comcast cable with their cable internet, TV, and phone...they can call anywhere in the US or Canada at any time with no long distance charge.