Cuisine at home Forums
Brisket - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Brisket (/showthread.php?tid=29722)

Brisket - Ron - 03-08-2007

I'm going to do the CAH brisket for St. Patty's Day. When brisket was discussed a few weeks back, it sounded like a few people were going to make it sooner. Has anyone tried it so far?
EDITED TO ADD: The cooking process doesn't seem to require rocket science - major question would be how well you liked the sauce.

Re: Brisket - piano226 - 03-08-2007

Are you talking about the Beer Brisket? If yes, I have done it many times and I liked it .This Hannukkah I made another recipe and I actually liked it better . In that recipe it said to cook it a day ahead otherwise the meat does not slice well.

Re: Brisket - Ron - 03-08-2007

I'm referring to the Whisky Glazed Corned Beef (pages 6-7 of the CAH April (#62) Issue. Nothing against beer, but I already purchased the Jack Daniels, so would like a review on that. I'm a bit apprehensive on the apple cider vinegar - seems like a lot to me. I've never done a brisket - is the vinegar a staple in brisket recipes?

Re: Brisket - Old Bay - 03-08-2007

Vinegar was not part of my brisket history. I don't cook with bourbon or whiskey because to me it adds a sweet taste to an otherwise savory dish. I was not drawn to this recipe.

Re: Brisket - Half_Baked - 03-08-2007

Well, we just had one a few weeks ago and I made the hash. I do believe I prefer the hash to a meal of corned beef, cabbage and potatos,

Re: Brisket - Ron - 03-08-2007

Quote:

Well, we just had one a few weeks ago and I made the hash. I do believe I prefer the hash to a meal of corned beef, cabbage and potatos,

I wasn't going to have the traditional cabbage and the potatoes with the brisket. I was especially looking forward to having leftovers for the Reuben Hushpuppies.

Yep, me too!

Re: Brisket - pjcooks - 03-08-2007

Ron, I'm making this next week, I never even thought about the vinegar, I'll check out the recipe again and decide if I should cut down.

Jan, usually when I cook a boiled dinner, it's just for the leftovers

PJ

That's the way I feel about Thanksgiving turkey. I love the leftovers, especially sandwiches.

Re: Brisket - Mare749 - 03-08-2007

Ron, I'm glad you called attention to the vinegar in that recipe. I might start with half that amount and taste it as it's blending. This recipe sounds tasty, but what I really want is the hush puppies. I think we should all try them and review!

Maryann