Cuisine at home Forums
What's for V.D.? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for V.D.? (/showthread.php?tid=28824)

What's for V.D.? - Ron - 02-10-2007

Here it's going to be ribeye, lobster, blanched asparagus and herbed potato. Dessert is still undecided. Suggestions?

Re: What's for V.D.? - Lorraine - 02-10-2007

I say Molten Lava Cakes!!!! I'm making a flourless chocolate cake today, only because I don't have the ramekins . Let us know if you need a recipe. Or, Souflleed Lemon Crepes. All can be done ahead of time. Or ( I really hate to say it) do you have this month's BA magazine. There's a recipe for chocolate orange cookies stacks. I debated making that for tonight. Or, a nice cheese platter, fresh fruit, with a great glass ( or twoConfusedmile) of port.

Re: What's for V.D.? - pjcooks - 02-10-2007

Lorraine, I'm also making my flourless choc mousse cake when I would rather be making the Lava Cakes-I can't seem to remember to pick up the ramekins!! Why don't I already own these??? (Because I have these at work, and after a while, the work stuff and home stuff become blurred and I don't remember what is where).

The lemon cake souffle sounds interesting, will look it up.

Thanks!

PJ

Re: What's for V.D.? - cjs - 02-11-2007

that will be the 2nd day of our trip, so we'll have easy trailer food - so far filets (Christmas present) and Snicker's candy bar brownies (drop off L/Os with grandson) with ice cream. Will fill in later...I'll keep looking for ideas as you guys post.

hmmmm, roasted asparagus....

Re: What's for V.D.? - esgunn - 02-11-2007

If only the asparagus looked good in the store - puniest stuff I ever did see. Thought hard about it, but knew I would be disappointed.

Steve is just getting home from a trip and the kids have all been sick. So I think we will go easy - grilled Ribeye, steamed broccoli, béarnaise sauce. Skip dessert. Maybe ice-cream. If I am really feeling up to it - a twice baked potato.

Re: What's for V.D.? - Ron - 02-11-2007

Quote:

If only the asparagus looked good in the store - puniest stuff I ever did see. Thought hard about it, but knew I would be disappointed.

I haven't had asparagus in a while and was looking forward to it. I'll hope for the best, but go to Plan B if it isn't worth buying. The local bakery makes a respectable cherry pie and has it on sale so it will be that for dessert with a scoop of French Vanilla ice cream.

Re: What's for V.D.? - bjcotton - 02-11-2007

I guess nobody else is going to say it Ron, so I will: Penicillin used to work, but I don't know what they use now-a-days!

Re: What's for V.Day... - Ron - 02-12-2007

Quote:

I guess nobody else is going to say it Ron, so I will: Penicillin used to work, but I don't know what they use now-a-days!

I meant to post V.Day, not V.D. I tried to change the subject line so people don't think this is Web MD, but it wouldn't take.

Re: What's for V.Day... - bjcotton - 02-12-2007

Sorry, but you know me, I just can't resist...no will power I guess

Re: What's for V.D.? - pjcooks - 02-12-2007

Just got it! Too Funny!!!

PJ