Cuisine at home Forums
Creative thinkers-----need some new ideas - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Creative thinkers-----need some new ideas (/showthread.php?tid=28026)

Creative thinkers-----need some new ideas - Mare749 - 01-24-2007

What to do with leftover roasted veggies. I usually just chop them up and add them to a risotto, or puree them for soup. I know all of you will think of a hundred ways to use them! Thanks,

Maryann

Re: Creative thinkers-----need some new ideas - Roxanne 21 - 01-24-2007

OOOO--my favorite is to make a sub or sandwich. Throw some of the veggies on a toasted roll of choice brushed with olive oil then grate whatever cheese you prefer and place under the broiler until it melts and----YUMMM!!!

Re: Creative thinkers-----need some new ideas - cjs - 01-24-2007

a veggie burrito!! If it's wrapped in a tortilla, I love 'em. Add a little cheese and hot sauce and I'm good to go.

if no tortillas in the house, probably an omelet or twice-baked tatoes.

Anxious to hear other's ideas too!

Re: Creative thinkers-----need some new ideas - Half_Baked - 01-24-2007

I chop them up and use them in my twice baked potatos. I also like them for omelets.

Edit - can you see how much I've learned from Jean. I obviously didn't read the posts very thoroughly.

we were twins in another life, jan...

Re: Creative thinkers-----need some new ideas - Mare749 - 01-24-2007

These all sound very good, especially the toasted sub sandwich! Anybody ever use them on pizza?

Keep 'em coming, I'm loving this! Thank you all.

Maryann

Re: Creative thinkers-----need some new ideas - Lorraine - 01-24-2007

I've used them on pizza. I also use them as a base for gazpacho, along with leftover salad. Great on paninis! Or as a stuffing for chicken breasts with some cheese. Chop them up with a bit of mayo and seeded mustard and make crostini. Is it supper time yet?

Re: Creative thinkers-----need some new ideas - bjcotton - 01-24-2007

I've used them chopped in a hearty salad, add a little meat and cheese if you like. If there are enough, mash and season them for a side dish.

be great as a filling for raviolis!! yum. I also add to pizza and just tossed with somepasta and add some cheese. We're all going to be looking to have left over veggies with all these ideas...

Re: Creative thinkers-----need some new ideas - Half_Baked - 01-25-2007

You could put them in the blender with a bit of broth and use them as a sauce.