Cuisine at home Forums
Blueberry Maple Syrup/Sauce - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Blueberry Maple Syrup/Sauce (/showthread.php?tid=26295)

Blueberry Maple Syrup/Sauce - cjs - 12-10-2006

Gotta tell you, Lorraine, I thot blueberries and maple syrup together???? Well, ma'am, I can't believe you've had this all the time I've known you and you have never shared...not nice at all!

This is so good - so good that Roy Roger's licked the pitcher as he was doing dishes!!

A while back I'd picked up a pkg. of ......are you ready for this, guys???? White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Pancake Mix - so, I made half of it this a.m. and had this wonderful sauce with it - oh my it was so good. And, of course very good with champagne!

Thanks Lorraine and if you have more of these goodies hidden from us, it's time to share!

Re: Blueberry Maple Syrup/Sauce - Lorraine - 12-10-2006

"Roy Roger's licked the pitcher as he was doing dishes!!"

LOL What a picture!!! I'm glad you liked it! My Mom always used to make a "poudding chomeur" in the summer when either blueberries or rasperries were in season. It had the berries with a bit of syrup on the bottom, then a cake batter on top. I've been trying to get a recipe forever, but , I think the only way I'll find it is to go visit her, and go through all her hand written recipes.

and, you can cut the syrup a bit in the recipe, add some fresh thyme, and it's great with duck!