Cuisine at home Forums
Don't knock it till ya try it - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Don't knock it till ya try it (/showthread.php?tid=26152)

Don't knock it till ya try it - esgunn - 12-07-2006

I discovered something quite on accident tonight. I am roasting some veggies (onion, red & Orange peppers, carrots and brussel sprouts) and sausage. When slicing the brussel sprouts in half a few leaves off each fell free. I just tossed them with the onions and carrots to get a head start in the oven, with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. When I took them out after about 10 min - to add the sausages and peppers - the leaves were all crispy. So I just snacked on them. OH my, they were so tasty. Crispy, and salty. Really good. I may have to try a whole tray of these! I wonder if they will hold or are only good right out of the oven. Something to look into further.

Re: Don't knock it till ya try it - Roxanne 21 - 12-07-2006

Don't ya just love roasted veggies?? The sweetness is unrivaled--IMHO. I was pleasantly surprised with the brussel sprouts as well---will be making them in the next few days--I picked up some in the market yesterday that look really good, imported from Israel. The best fruits and veggies are imported---therefore, VERY expensive but worth it.

Re: Don't knock it till ya try it - Mare749 - 12-07-2006

I roast veggies all the time, but have never roasted brussel sprouts even though we love them. They're on my shopping list for today!

It seems like there are a lot of recipes today for roasting vegetables to put into soup, which is one of our new favorites and a great way to use any leftovers. My hubbie never used to like vegetables, now he loves them.

Maryann

Re: Don't knock it till ya try it - cjs - 12-07-2006

like eating candy, aren't they?? 'Fraid I can't help in the holding over dept. we seem to eat however I make at dinner and then picking at them while cleaning up...

Might not be quite as crispy, but I bet they'd be good.

Re: Don't knock it till ya try it - dollop - 12-07-2006

Neat! Love roasted vegies of all kinds. And the process adds great depth to soups...nothing like it!