Cuisine at home Forums
Speaking of Rain - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Speaking of Rain (/showthread.php?tid=24830)

Speaking of Rain - bjcotton - 11-10-2006

I wasn't really aware of just how much rain they were getting up in Washington. I read an article today that said they had 17.9" in 36 hours near Mt. Rainier. Now that's rain. Noah, oh Noah, where are you?

Re: Speaking of Rain - Mare749 - 11-10-2006

That is a lot of rain. Can you imagine if it was snow?

So, Billy, when do you leave on your big adventure? You must be really excited. What are you planning to do when you get there?

Post deleted by sysadmin - - 11-11-2006

Re: Speaking of Rain - cjs - 11-11-2006

"There's a reason it's called the Evergreen State!" - yes!

Re: Speaking of Rain - Half_Baked - 11-11-2006

The way we see it on the news, it will soon be called the Evergone state. Watching the houses fall off the cliffs because of the mudslides is just tragic.

Re: Speaking of Rain - bjcotton - 11-11-2006

To me Jan, if people had the brains God gave a goose, they wouldn't have built their houses where that would/could happen. Like the homes in California that sit on the edge of a hill supported with columns. You're just asking for it.

Maryann, I leave on December 5th. I haven't any real plans other than enjoying Dale and her family. Whatever they want to do is fine with me. I'm sure their lives are quite different from what I'm used to, so everything will be interesting and new. I know they've made plans for things to do, so I'll leave it all up to them. Great huh?

Re: Speaking of Rain - Mare749 - 11-11-2006

Sounds great to me! I'm not much of a planner when it comes to vacations, preferring to just "see what happens when I get there". It's enough for me to make my travel arrangements and get packed. Then, when I arrive, get a feel for my surroundings and figure out what I might want to see. That used to drive my mother crazy when she was still alive. Gosh, how I miss her. My parents traveled extensively for 3 years before my mom died. My mom would plan every trip down to the minute and give me an itinerary before they left. She always said that they saw more that way.
Maryann

Re: Speaking of Rain - Roxanne 21 - 11-11-2006

If and when we ever sell our home we were planning on relocating to the Seattle area----a BIG mistake????

Re: Speaking of Rain - bjcotton - 11-11-2006

I don't think so Roxanne. My brother has lived in the same town Jean is in for 20+ years and won't consider moving. Things like this happen, so to my ways of thinking if you pick where you are going to live there are inconveniences, but that's life. There is an old Navy saying...PPPPPP, or the 6 Ps...Proper Planning Prevents Pi$$ Poor Performance.. the same goes for where you live . Course you don't always have a choice.

Re: Speaking of Rain - vannin - 11-11-2006

I am a scaredy cat, I like to see the water, but would never build or buy on a cliff or beach front. Collapse or erosion, spring tides or tsunami. I need height. I would never build or buy in areas like the Waitakere Ranges. Bush fire. I like a house set in large lawns with wind/privacy tree screening about 500 mtres away, and a curved driveway so no-one can see the house. Pref. farmland around.