Cuisine at home Forums
What Weird Weather - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What Weird Weather (/showthread.php?tid=24604)

What Weird Weather - bjcotton - 11-06-2006

For the last couple of weeks we've had temperatures anywhere from 29.9F to in the 50's during the day. I woke up this morning at 5:30 and it was 65F. The high today, so far, has been 72F with threatening rain all day although not a drop has fallen. There is a Chinook wind blowing, warm and humid.

Re: What Weird Weather - esgunn - 11-06-2006

No Kidding. A couple of weeks ago we had lows around 25 - unusual for us here in the Pacific Northwest. And today it is hovering around 60 and has rained 2 inches TODAY - a total of 5 inches since the 1st of November! We are feeling pretty soggy!

Chicken Curry in the crock pot for dh and I - For the kids chicken and red potato casserole in the oven. Good food for a rainy day.

Re: What Weird Weather - Half_Baked - 11-06-2006

We're doing the up down up down too, BJ. One day of frost and 30 degrees, then 70 in the afternoon. Supposed to have 4 days of rain which would be nice for the plants.

Ooh, the cold mornings make me want to stay snuggled under the blankets with the pups.

Re: What Weird Weather - bjcotton - 11-06-2006

It was dipping down near to freezing while I was in Portland so my sis and BIL moved my citrus into the house. Oh well, whacha gonna do?

Re: What Weird Weather - coco hernandez - 11-06-2006

Today it waS 91 degrees in Los Angeles and it is almost the middle of Nov.

Re: What Weird Weather - Roxanne 21 - 11-07-2006

We are having really strange weather as well. Ever since we have been here (14 years) the pattern is NO RAIN from September to April--that's why we run into a water crunch in Feb or so. Anyway--babbling again--we have had rain on a rather more frequent basis--at least 2X per week--and the WIND!!! OMG---one can hardly stand up against it at times--today we will be over 100 degrees F, windy---the evaporation in the pool will be incredible and the garden will need to be irrigated---oh my--that water bill next month.

Re: What Weird Weather - Bizymomma - 11-07-2006

Roxanne...just out of curiosity, what does a water bill run average over there? Mine should be somewhere in the $40 range, but with a pool, hot tub, koi pond, 50 loads of laundry, landscaping, daily dishwashers and showers, it's usually over $80 and has been as hight as $150! Let's not talk about electricity! YIKES!!

Re: What Weird Weather - Roxanne 21 - 11-07-2006

You DON'T want to know---trust me on this!!!

Re: What Weird Weather - cjs - 11-07-2006

While we were in Californa, we single-handedly supported our little local water company!! They absolutely loved us

Re: What Weird Weather - bjcotton - 11-07-2006

Whoa Angela and Roxanne! I hate to tell you this, but our water bill runs $25 a month. Of course the water tastes like doodoo, but it's ok to shower in. We don't drink or cook with it.