Cuisine at home Forums
New Menu..... - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: New Menu..... (/showthread.php?tid=21520)

New Menu..... - Bizymomma - 08-22-2006

Haven't heard anything from PJ yet on what our new online dinner menu might be....(hint, hint..) LOL
I'm ready to try something new!

Re: New Menu..... - TwilightKitten - 08-22-2006

Well, if PJ doesn't want to choose a menu just yet (and that's ok...no pressure, PJ! ), I'd like to suggest Linguine with White Clam Sauce from Issue 44. Has anybody made that one yet?

Re: New Menu..... - Bizymomma - 08-22-2006

Nope, but I would love to! I can't get fresh clams in the shell, so this would definitely be an improvised meal!

Re: New Menu..... - bjcotton - 08-22-2006

My sis gave me some minced horseneck clams they dug, cleaned and minced near her house, but I'm not going to be home this week. Maybe I can work it in. I'll check with my sis' neighbors like I did for the Chicken Parmesan Roulades and let you know.

Okay, my sis' neighbors are already smacking their lips. I vote for the clams.

Re: New Menu..... - farnfam - 08-22-2006

I'm in for the clams for sure. When are we setting the critique date for?

Re: New Menu..... - bjcotton - 08-22-2006

I tried to find the recipe in MembersPlus, but couldn't find it. Will some one please post it for me?

I'll have access to a computer where I'm going, so I can keep up...I hope

Re: New Menu..... - pjcooks - 08-22-2006

Yes, I've been procrastinating. I wanted to check past menus so I wouldn't duplicate, and I've been thumbing through old issues ( with probably too much thought-too expensive, too many ingredients, etc etc) so I'm still working on it. Anyways, I'm happy to follow along if someone beats me to the punch!

PJ

Re: New Menu..... - Bizymomma - 08-22-2006

PJ....would love for you to suggest something! Definitely if not this time...next!! Keep looking...,if you come up with something, post!!!!

Re: New Menu..... - cjs - 08-23-2006

"Linguine with White Clam Sauce from Issue 44." - sounds very good to me also!!

Critique date? Since it's Wednesday already, how about Monday, the 4th of Sept....my Lord, September already?????

(off topice for just a minute - )
A bunch of us (in Portland) went out to dinner last nite and this (Clam Linguine) is almost what I ordered, but went with the Cedar Plank roasted N.W. Salmon with Butternut Squash Risotto instead - and it was a great choice.

I think I'm going to revert back to the Caesar Salad (that we did with the Chix Roulades a while back)- I've been wanting to have that again for a while now. (The one Lorraine didn't care for at all... ) But, the way we've been eating the last month, I'll forego dessert this time around.

Re: New Menu..... - Lorraine - 08-23-2006

"The one Lorraine didn't care for at all... "

LOL I've memorized the recipe.

I'll pass on this dinner. I'm taking a few days off to do canning and freezing. I'll probably be too tired to eat.