Cuisine at home Forums
New menu?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: New menu?? (/showthread.php?tid=20877)

New menu?? - Bizymomma - 07-31-2006

I've been looking through my back issues, seeing if anything catches my eye for a dinner critique. I've already picked a menu..or two..LOL, so these are just some things that sound good:

Sun-dried tomato crusted chicken w/ feta couscous
April 04, Iss. 44
Romesco chicken w/ zucchini linguine
Aug. 04, Iss. 46
Argentine stuffed flank steak w/ bravas potatoes
April 05, Iss. 50
Greens and chops w/ parmesan pasta
April 05, Iss. 50

anybody, anybody???????

Re: New menu?? - bjcotton - 07-31-2006

Greens and Chops with Parmesan Pasta..sounds good to me, or the Argentine Stuffed Flank Steak. I don't know if Fredia & the 800 lb gorilla would eat the first two, but I can always fix it at someone elses house The 800 pounder won't eat feta or couscous and neither will eat zucchini.

But, I know friends that would try any of them, so y'all decide.

Re: New menu?? - dollop - 07-31-2006

Mr. bjcotton, I feel sorry for you knowing so many objections stand in your way when planning a menu! You deserve a chocolate and champagne!!

Re: New menu?? - farnfam - 07-31-2006

Gosh Ang, I'm leaning toward Sundried Tomato Crusted Chicken with Feta Couscous OR the Romesco Chicken with Zucchini Linguine (say that 3x very fast )
Sorry they're the two the work least for you BJ, but you did say you have friends who'd enjoy them right?
Anyway, those two sound best to me, but I wouldn't sit it out if the others are chosen (no pouting here)
What say we let this one be due more toward the mid of Aug?
Cis

Re: New menu?? - Bizymomma - 07-31-2006

That would be fine with me...
The girls and I are headed for a weekend in Dallas. So it might be better to spread it out a bit..eh?

Re: New menu?? - Roxanne 21 - 08-01-2006

Any of the above is fine with me. I have made the Argentine stuffed flank steak before---AWESOME!!! The potatoes were a great side to that menu. It is definitely on my "to make again" list. Whatever the decision--I'll be there if able--just let us know and the date for the critique. IMHO---the steak is great but you may want to wait until it cools down a bit there--more a fall/winter type menu---just a thought.

Re: New menu?? - cjs - 08-01-2006

Sun-dried tomato crusted chicken w/ feta couscous
April 04, Iss. 44

oh my, everything I love! ...and I just happened to bring a jar of sun-dried tomatoes with! But, I chose the last one, so you all chose this time.

Please, if you'll post whatever recipes are chosen - we're on the road and I don't have my c@h with us...thank you.

Re: New menu?? - DFen911 - 08-01-2006

I'm leaning towards Romesco chicken w/ zucchini linguine.

Re: New menu?? - cjs - 08-02-2006

ooops! I forgot the gold mine of recipes available to me on the Members Plus (doesn't that sound like size 16 and above????? )so I don't need the recipes posted.