Cuisine at home Forums
Champagne Brunch #1 - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Champagne Brunch #1 (/showthread.php?tid=18341)

Champagne Brunch #1 - cjs - 04-30-2006

We had our firt champagne brunch in an absolute downpour here in Salt Lake City this a.m. I made a breakfast casserole that I have no idea how many years ago I clipped/copied from somewhere...and it's really tastey!!

Breakfast Casserole

1 1/2 lb. bulk pork sausage or bulk Italian sausage
2-4 shakes Tabasco sauce
Nonstick cooking spray
2-1/2 cups seasoned croutons
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (8 oz.)
2-1/2 cups milk
4 beaten eggs
3/4 tsp. dry mustard
10-3/4-oz. can condensed cream of mushroom soup
l/2 cup milk

In a large skillet, cook and stir sausage over medium heat until no pink remains; drain.

Meanwhile, lightly coat a 3-quart rectangular baking dish with cooking spray. Spread croutons evenly in bottom of prepared dish. Sprinkle half of the cheese over croutons. Top with sausage.

In a large bowl, combine the 2-1/2 cups milk, the beaten eggs, and the mustard.

Pour over layers in baking dish. Stir together soup and the 1/2 cup milk. Spoon soup mixture evenly over mixture in baking dish.

Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
(Time restraints! I didn’t let it soak up and it was fine!!)

Bake, uncovered, in a 325 degree F oven for 45 minutes. Sprinkle remaining cheese over casserole. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes more or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 10 servings.

I get so irritated when I realize I've had a recipe to try for years and when I finally try it we really like it. I know tho why I haven't made it - remember how years ago all we ever did on Sunday breakfasts were Sausage Overnite Breakfast casseroles....blah, tiring, but I guess I'm past that now. Anyway, this is really quite good.

By the way, I halved this and that works great for those of us with all the kids gone....

Re: Champagne Brunch #1 - vannin - 04-30-2006

Thang kew Jean, that looks 'lish. Be good to make before a day out too, so supper was ready when you got home. Perhaps cubed ham could be substited for the sausage, a good way to use left over ham.