Cuisine at home Forums
DINNER THREAD---12/11/ to 12/17/2017 - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: DINNER THREAD---12/11/ to 12/17/2017 (/showthread.php?tid=181242)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: DINNER THREAD---12/11/ to 12/17/2017 - Trixxee - 12-13-2017

IT WAS AWESOME!  I even bought the green tabasco for it - it's quite spicy - a drop or two was fine.

RE: DINNER THREAD---12/11/ to 12/17/2017 - Harborwitch - 12-13-2017

Thank you for sharing that recipe Trixxee!  Maryann I am thinking of the sausage & cauliflower soup we used to make.  

I have burgers in the bucket (sous vide) for dinner tonight with lettuce, tomato, onion, cheese & maybe bacon.  I've got some tater tots ready to go in the oven.  

Chili sounds good Daphne.  Everything sounds good.  Not feeling really creative tonight - got a crummy annual 3 day "cold" so I copped out.  If all else fails Bob can do the final sear on the burgers.

RE: DINNER THREAD---12/11/ to 12/17/2017 - Trixxee - 12-14-2017

Tonight I'm making another new recipe - roasted chicken apple sausages with diced sweet potatoes, red onion and brussels sprouts tossed with balsamic vinegar.

RE: DINNER THREAD---12/11/ to 12/17/2017 - Gourmet_Mom - 12-14-2017

Thanks, Trixxee!  I’m waiting until Saturday.  This late in the week, I try to do easy.  Like tonight, leftover chili and steamed cabbage.  But I will be making it.

I’d be interested in your dinner tonight, too!

Sharon, I have a cauliflower and Italian sausage recipe we love that this one reminded me of.  I will doing that one again, soon.

RE: DINNER THREAD---12/11/ to 12/17/2017 - Harborwitch - 12-15-2017

Tonight I was feeling under the weather . . . Lemon Garlic Chicken soup.  Served over rice and I added frozen peas to the broth.  It was really comforting and perfect for the night.

RE: DINNER THREAD---12/11/ to 12/17/2017 - Mare749 - 12-15-2017

Hope you are feeling better today, Sharon.

Today is one of several cookie baking days. I don't enjoy baking (AT ALL!) but I still carry on the tradition because it's the one thing about the holidays that all the parents still enjoy. So, I bake all the traditional Christmas cookies that my family loves, then make up huge trays for my dad and in-laws, and for two of my neighbors. Since Ron is still on vacation, he gets to help, since he always insists that we have to keep doing this! Big Grin We are making cut-out sugar cookies, raspberry thumbprints, snowballs, nut horns, lemon spritz, peanut blossoms, and gingerbread.

We will be having turkey chili for dinner. (It's already made)

RE: DINNER THREAD---12/11/ to 12/17/2017 - Trixxee - 12-15-2017

Wow - what a nice assortment MA!  I was in my pantry looking around for dried cranberries to put in some chicken salad I made for lunch - didn't find any cranberries in my baking stash but found plenty of unopened or sealed really well baking ingredients so I guess I have no excuse not to throw an assortment together to bring to my sister's house for Christmas Day.  When I saw the bag of unopened mini M&M's I realized I never did make cookies with them for my nephew who requested them last year.  Something must have happened for me not to make them.  My plan is to make them and my usual cranberry/white chocolate/macadamia nut cookies - been told they are the best cookies I ever made (recipe is Trisha Yearwood's, easy to find if anyone's interested).   I may make the peanut butter blossoms since I have everything for that too.

ANYWAY, tonight is easy - chicken fajitas and pinto beans, minus any tortillas.

RE: DINNER THREAD---12/11/ to 12/17/2017 - Gourmet_Mom - 12-15-2017

I went easy with take out pizza.  It’s been a crazier than usual week.  Trying to get maps out faster while getting used to new software is IMPOSSIBLE!  YIKES!

I had planned to bake cookies this weekend, but I have two maps to finish, three houses to draw in and laundry to do.  Maybe if I get that all done this weekend, I will feel comfortable enough to take a day off next week to do my chocolate chip cookies and lemon cookies.  I even ordered the cellophane bags to put them in for some of our regular builders, clients, realtors, and our building inspector and staff.  At this point, we’ll see if that happens.

RE: DINNER THREAD---12/11/ to 12/17/2017 - Mare749 - 12-16-2017

We love m&m cookies. Might have to make those too.

Daphne, I'm happy for you that business is so good, but sure do hope that you will be able to enjoy Christmas. I know it's not the same, but if you have a good bakery in town, it might be easier to just order some cookies.

One of the vocational schools in our area has culinary classes. They even have a dining room/restaurant and a small bakery. One year my dad bought a few boxes of their Christmas cookies and they were amazing! They obviously had used the best ingredients, good quality vanilla and chocolate.

We have two basketball games today and we're suppose to go out to see the Christmas lights and have dinner downtown with Holly, Bob, and the girls. So, no cooking tonight!

RE: DINNER THREAD---12/11/ to 12/17/2017 - Harborwitch - 12-16-2017

We went to Fred Meyers yesterday and scored 3 huge ribeyes for 19.00!   So today I will sous vide one (and foodsaver the other two) for Bob to throw on the grill tonight.  I got some bakers and I'll scare up a veggie from the freezer.  

Yesterday I put a bag of beans in the sous vide and hit them with the immersion blender & adjusted the seasonings.  Bob grabbed a rotisserie chicken so we had chicken "tacos" with refried beans and diced tomatoes.  

We were still a little full from an amazing lunch at Lucky Elephant Thai!  Tasty Mango Curry!  Blazing HOT![Image: 25446228_10212781455704030_9219860720899...e=5AC7FEE8]