Cuisine at home Forums
Memorials for Jean (cjs) - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Memorials for Jean (cjs) (/showthread.php?tid=181220)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Memorials for Jean (cjs) - Harborwitch - 11-06-2017

Good to see you Barbara, I am just so sorry for the reason.

RE: Memorials for Jean (cjs) - Mare749 - 11-07-2017

I'm glad to see you too, Barbara. And, I love what you just posted. Smile

RE: Memorials for Jean (cjs) - Gourmet_Mom - 11-07-2017

Hi, Barbara!  Good to see you!  Wish it was under different circumstances.  Why do I keep reading that obituary.  At least I only got a little choked up this time.  Sleepy

RE: Memorials for Jean (cjs) - Harborwitch - 11-07-2017

I know Daphne! I find myself tearing up at the oddest times. Reading the obituary does it every time.

RE: Memorials for Jean (cjs) - losblanos1 - 11-08-2017

A few years ago Jean had sent me a recipe called 'Nobu Style Halibut', I've always wanted to make it, but I lost the recipe. Last week I found it in a Word document. I wish that I could tell her how delicious it is. I made it for lunch today, in honor of Jean.

[Image: 1_zps2aj9zein.jpg]

RE: Memorials for Jean (cjs) - Trixxee - 11-08-2017

I can't believe it's been almost a month.  I hope Roy is holding up as well as can be expected.

Blane, that looks phenomenal.  Any chance of sharing the recipe?

RE: Memorials for Jean (cjs) - losblanos1 - 11-08-2017

Here it is, Trixxee. I used Cod, couldn't find Halibut.

Nobu-Style Marinated Halibut

4 portions halibut (5 oz. each), patted dry
1/4 cup Sake (can use vermouth or a Riesling)
1/4 cup mirin
1/4 cup white miso
1 1/2 - 2 T. granulated sugar

Combine the sake, mirin, miso and sugar; whisk until miso and sugar are dissolved. Place the halibut portions in a sealable plastic bag and pour the marinade over. Seal the bag; place on a plate and refrigerate for about 4 hours, turning every hour or so.

Turn grill on high heat. When ready, remove the fillets from the marinade and place on grill; grill, covered, for 4 minutes on just one side. Have ready near the grill, a double thickness of foil which has been oiled or sprayed with cooking spray. With a spatula, remove the fillets from the grill and place on the foil, grilled side up. Fold over the edges of the foil so it makes a little ‘pan.’ With the spatula, lift the salmon ‘pan’ onto the grill and continue grilling, covered, for 4 more minutes.

Check the internal temperature and if it has reached 140° F. remove from grill. If you don’t have an instant read thermometer, gently cut into the center of the fish and if the fish is no longer opaque, it is done. Makes 4 portions.

RE: Memorials for Jean (cjs) - Trixxee - 11-08-2017

Thank you sir!  Always looking for new, easy seafood recipes.

RE: Memorials for Jean (cjs) - Mare749 - 11-08-2017

I have used that recipe also and really love it. Since I never have vermouth around and rarely buy Sake, I used white wine that I had already and it worked fine.

The white miso is also good with steamed vegetables. It's salty, so you don't need much.

RE: Memorials for Jean (cjs) - Gourmet_Mom - 11-08-2017

Oh Blane, that looks so good!  Thanks for sharing!  I missed that one.  I'll be trying it soon.  Jean would be so pleased that you enjoyed it and passed it on.

You know, Sharon, that may be the best tribute of all....this thread where we all share dishes we make that she shared with us.  Like my hamburger pie last night.    It's one of those weird sounding recipes that works.  

Jean rarely steered me wrong with a recipe.